New way I came up with to strain my hops!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ontap@home

Reaction score
Used a fine mesh bag over my kettle return line. Took off my SS braid and pumped the pellet hops out after the boil through the kettle pick up through the pump back to the kettle into the straining bag. Worked like a charm. All the hops were filtered out and it was easy to pump through my CFC. :ban:

I'll try and get some pick up soon.

Jeff

Yeah, I do something similar, cept I don't have a pump. Use a screened funnel with a strainer bag over and another one under the screened funnel. Pour it into a corny, the pressurize it through the cfc. On the back side of the cfc, I run a 20 micron filter to catch all the hot break. Makes some amazingly clear beers!

I have never filtered any of my beers. They all are fairly clear. That might be next. I just don't like putting my hops in a bag during the boil. I don't feel like I get the whole flavor / aroma.... I had just rather figure out how to keep them out of my CFC.

Things were a lot simpler when I was extract / partial grain brewing, but not near as much fun or control. I guess I get more of a sense of accomplishment all grain brewing. :D

Back