Pellicle Photo Collection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ECY01 + dregs fro O'so Dwell on the Threshold

20141114_151603.jpg

The Yeast Bay Melange

20141114_151508.jpg

Oooh I hope my Melange Cider develops a pellicle like this!

gtZorUx.jpg

i brewed this about two months ago and pitched roeselare. ive added dregs from two gueuze tilquins, oude quetsche tilquin, cuvee renee, and oude gueuze boon along the way and it smells really good.

10906103_744854278939269_1500406905782424691_n.jpg

So I have a gallon of a mild ale that I put on dregs from a New Glarus Wild Peach in... October maybe? It took a couple weeks to get to this point and it's just kinda stayed like this. How do I know when it's "done"?

10906103_744854278939269_1500406905782424691_n.jpg

So I have a gallon of a mild ale that I put on dregs from a New Glarus Wild Peach in... October maybe? It took a couple weeks to get to this point and it's just kinda stayed like this. How do I know when it's "done"?

Gravity. Id give it another 4-5 months, check the gravity, leave it be a month, and if the gravity is still the same its probably ready.

photo_zps7e6bfd5f.jpg

My first pellicle...I hope.

I brewed a saison and added raspberries and brett to it. I'm hoping this white stuff on top of the raspberries is a pellicle. I didn't want to start another: Mold or Pellicle thread, so I figured I'd ask here. Mold or pellicle?
Thanks,
Mike

Just some dregs from Russian River, The Bruery, and Cascade in about half a gallon of 1.030ish starter wort, but, dang, I've been itching to post in this thread since I first found HBT! Gotta start that sour program somewhere...

IMG_20150114_095844_274.jpg

Starter culture for many sour beers to come. Taken a few days after pitching.

Some of the Wyeast De Bom and Our Bruin in there with a forgotten vial of 2013 BugCounty.

Maybe it's just the lighting, but that bad boy looks thick, like a scoby. The dark beer underneath and so light on top.

Maybe it's just the lighting, but that bad boy looks thick, like a scoby. The dark beer underneath and so light on top.

That dark beer is the top of my kegerator (black). Small volume starter in a 1 gallon jug, wasn't sure what to expect with that old BugCounty.

Back