New from Philly Area (Jersey)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hep

Reaction score
Hi all. New brewer from Audubon, NJ

Been lurking for about two months since I bought a homwbrew kit in September or so. I'm on batch 3 already (4 if you count EdWort's apfelwein which I started yesterday) and starting to feel I got extract brewing with specialty grains somewhat under control. Starting to focus on things like fermentation temperature control (my main bogey right now), use of starters/pitching enough yeast, faster wort chilling, late extract addition, better aeration, use of yeast nutrients, use of finings, oxidation control, use of secondary, record keeping, etc. before I move on to partial mashing/all-grain, kegging (although I kind of like the 22 oz bottles), tweaked/original recipes (only kits so far), etc

Anyway, great site and glad to be aboard

Welcome. I'm right down the pike from you in Somerdale. Don't be shy to go all grain or keg, you'll never look back.

Welcome.. Maple Shader over here, originally from across the street in Cherry Hill :)

We have a group buy of grain going on right now.. if you forsee yourself going AG in the near future, jump in!

We have a good size brew day going in the parking lot behind Iron Hill Brewery on 5/1. Its sizing up to be a good turnout. Be sure to show up.

COOL !
Is there a sign up?
Tom

I sent you a PM with some extra info. The more the merrier for the group and the Big Brew Day. The group meets the first Tuesday of each month at 7pm in the back room of Iron Hill, Maple Shade (it usually starts at the bar an hour or so ahead of time). All are welcome, and if you bring ANY of your homebrew (good or bad), its always a plus. The Big Brew will be on 5/1 in the lot behind Iron Hill, and will likely be all day, starting in the morning.:ban:

Back