cider stopped fermenting during 2nd stage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElevenBrewCo

Reaction score
Hello all i bought a standard cider kit and after i transferred my cider to my carboy it was no longer active. I sterilized everything so i guess im confused because i still have a week ledt of fermenting. Should i add more yeast?

Im at work right now so i cant remember right now. I started it monday so i wouldnt think it would be done by now.

My guess is its done, but we'll wait to hear back on the gravity for a final decision.

Generally, I wait until active fermentation is done before racking to secondary- the move can take out a lot of yeast, and stall fermentation if it isn't done. Sometimes it will start up again- you may just be in the lag time, and it will eventually restart.

Your cider is no longer in the active phase and no it isn't done with the fermenting, just with the active phase. Give it another week or even two and it will be done.

Your cider is no longer in the active phase and no it isn't done with the fermenting, just with the active phase. Give it another week or even two and it will be done.

ok i was just hopeing i didnt mess it up during the transfer. Ive never done cider before so i was a little concerned. Thanks guys!!

Latest posts

Back