Christmas List

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sok454

Reaction score
So mom/MIL etc are wanting ideas for xmas... I said beer brew stuff.... I currently do extract only (1 batch) so I have the basics for that... I want to move to using an external burner. For the money what is the best route to go? Blichman? Hurricane?

Secondly I'd like to get a keg set up... I am thinking going dual keg to begin with...

What other items would be on your list worth chiller? ingredients? stuff for AG brewing?

Beer kits are always good. Brewing/cleaning gadgets are also good,but be specific on your list. I'd say this time I'd like a sight glass kit,false bottom & ball valve for my 5 gallon BK to make clearing my mash easier. Biab ain't all that great in that respect.

I bought the $27.99 burner and it works for awesome for my keggles. I use propane.

I have a blichmann and while it is expensive it is worth it and will last you a lifetime. It ends up being around 200 with the extensions prior to shipping.

A refractometer makes sugar readings on brew-day a bit quicker and you don't have to worry about sanitization so you can return the hydro sample to the carboy, or wait for it to cool so you sparge enough.

Tell them to keep an eye on [url="http://www.homebrewfinds.com/"}Home Brew Finds[/url] so they can get the best deals on stuff. It changes daily most of the time too.

PH meter
IPA book, subscription to brew your own...
Maybe one of those 7 gal stainless steel bucket fermentors...

Back