Preference Hop for Centennial Pairing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radial67

Reaction score
Just wanna know what everyones preference in terms of another hop that goes well with Centennial other than Cascade.

Im looking to make an American Blonde/Light Pale for the "Leadup to Xmas BBQ's" and cant make up my mind what to pair it with. I have almost 2kg of Cent in the freezer that I havent touched in the last year and want to start to use it. Needs to be about 17-25IBU and no higher so it makes it very drinkable. Note: Im in the tropics so lower end IBU is preferred.

I already have a killer Galaxy/Amarillo/Citra IPA and a really nice N.S. Pilsner recipe so a nice blonde pale to complement the range would be good.

Hops on hand

Nelson
Citra
Rakau
Amarillo
Northern
EKG
Hall
Galaxy
Cascade
Simcoe
Zythos
Saaz
Saaz-B
CTZ
Sorachi

Just wondering what people have found to be a unique pairing with Cent.

Thanks

Look up the Centennial Blonde recipe in the database. Great beer & sounds just what you're looking to brew...

Centennial, Chinook, Columbus. Had this combo in an Avery dugana ipa last week, super pungent aroma and taste.

Sometimes you just have to let one hop rock it's thing like Centennial in Bell's Two Hearted ale. That said I think there are a lot of hops to pair with Centennial and any already mentioned are good choices.

Back