My 8-foot bar build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question for you..... Is your bar an actual plan from barplan.com, or did you make up the kegerator portion yourself? I am looking at the barplan website and can't find your exact plan and would be the one I would like to build.
Thanks!

I modified the plan to fit my kegerator. The website has a program that allows you to change the dimensions and it will give an updated material/cut list. I started building the base and frame from the new list but modified the work table height to be flush with the top of the kegerator. Pretty much just improvised when I got to that point. Hope this helps!

Your Bar Looks Great! What kind of wood did you use? What did you use on the sides of your counter top and all your corner molding? Im looking to build something similar out of oak?

hurst1979olds said:
Your Bar Looks Great! What kind of wood did you use? What did you use on the sides of your counter top and all your corner molding? Im looking to build something similar out of oak?

I used birch because the home depot by my house didn't carry oak. All the trim is 1" pine corner guards. Oak will be a little more expensive but it will definitely look great!

I am in the process of building this bar. Any chance you could help me out with something? Could you tell me what the clearance is between the top of the lower counter and the bottom of the upper counter (the bar) on your build?

Beautiful build. I'm also going to build an 8 foot bar. It's for my brother in law and he's wanting to put it in his Garage. He's going with a sports theme though. Mets colors I think.

I think we're going to build an L bar. That's what he wants but I'm going to use some of the techniques in this build. Hope ya don't mind ;-)

I want to build the double shelf top. I really like that idea. We don't have a kegerator yet so it'll just be the bar. I'll have to add the kegerator later when he gets it.

Any ideas on how I should prep for this? Should I cut out the section now or just wait till it gets here?

We're going to start this weekend. Hopefully we can get it done.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Absolutely beautiful bar man job well done. If you don't mind me asking how much did all the wood end up running you

Back