Beer line i.d. And length

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use 3/16" beer line at about 10 feet and I serve at around 8-10psi @39F using picnic taps. The correct setup will depend on your temp, serving pressure, how long the line is and if it has to push beer upwards.

I use 3/16" line with an 8 foot length served at 10 psi. The Perlick faucet is 1.5' above the top of the keg.

I also have a section of 1/2" copper, of which 3" is in the cold fridge to conduct the heat away from the warmer tower temps. Helps reduce the temperature change and reduces foaming on first pour (great tip from someone here)

Has anyone ever run a 35ft line? I have a fridge downstairs and want to run it into my kitchen, however it is not directly above the fridget location. Is this even worth it, or will it cause more headaches than it is worth?

Has anyone ever run a 35ft line? I have a fridge downstairs and want to run it into my kitchen, however it is not directly above the fridget location. Is this even worth it, or will it cause more headaches than it is worth?

If you can't keep the line cold, you will have serious issues. Headaches even thinking about it.

Well I am thinking about running a cooling line through a pond pump up to the tap, but that is 75 ft of tubing... Sort of convincing myself out of this as I type...

Back