What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Sculpture IPA #2. Too malty, can't wait for #3, had an early bottle a few nights ago and it was amazing.

No one want's in on the HBT Fantasy Football bomber league? 2nd highest scoring team today is up for grabs.

No one want's in on the HBT Fantasy Football bomber league? 2nd highest scoring team today is up for grabs.

I'll take it, my team is a hurting unit.

My '11 barrel aged farmhouse. I only have 10 more bombers and 30 more 12 ozs of this, running out.

20130915_220755_LLS_Hagrid_zps2661a93c.jpg

Very good british beer,glad I picked it up, but kinda pricey. It was one I double-taked then read the botle and had to get it. Awesome for its low abv. Yeah, thats a New Glarus english pint glass too.Still got plenty of those beers left too.:)

0915032141.jpg

Drinking Tommyknockers imperial nut brown and bottling my own imperial nut brown.

image-3452115502.jpg

I actually had enough swing tops to bottle all 5 gallons.

More Old Rasputin. Note to self: Brew a RIS in January so it'll be ready for next winter.

Ghostrider. Way to go utah. A Better onefor the style. White ipa. But its not really a style?:rolleyes: Well hurry up and make it one then for the love of beer and lack of beer making stlye guidlines.And whatnot.

Made it to Oklahoma City. My ass is kicked. Dragging that heavy ass luggage through three airports, my boss getting pulled over by the police before we even got to our apartment just wore me out. At least all the beer made it safe and sound! Gonna hit some water before I turn in. Got some good ones chilling in the fridge tomorrow. Anyone know of any good bottle shops or brew pubs in OKC?

Those IPL's are def lighter flavored all around than I thought they'd be. On my 2nd cup of coffee atm. Got my PM Cougar Country IPA in the FV yesterday afternoon. That Cooper's Microbrew Fv has so much head space,it fills up with co2 just fine,but doesn't bubble much. Used 5 different hops in that one. The warrior I used for bittering smelled darn good as well. Gunna brew another batch of Maori IPA tomorrow morning. I like starting a mash in the morning. That way,I'm done by 4PM or so. I'm not so tired at that point & get the kettle,kitchen,etc cleaned up & things put away. Works out better all around.

Nukebrewer's Old Ale. Wow this thing is goood.

Pours a dark murky brown almost black with very little head on the pour. Leaving a thin white line resting on the top of this dark beauty.

Getting mostly chocolate on the nose with just the slightest hint of alcohol on a deep inhalation.

What awesome flavor. chocolate, roasty coffee, raisin, and extremely clean on the delivery and finish. A nice strong full body really brings these flavors through much better than if this was a lighter bodied beer.

This is my first time having an Old ale ever and i am now a big fan. Really a great job on this one nuke!

image-2973261559.jpg

P.S realizing my attempt to do nukes brew justice with a nuke esque style pic with my cell failed miserably.

P.S realizing my attempt to do nukes brew justice with a nuke esque style pic with my cell failed miserably.

I think it's the backlighting that's killing it. I'm usually only happy with my pics if I tune them up with some filtering or refocusing in Aviary and even then they still suck. Maybe Channel66 can write a nice guide to cell phone beer photography for us. I think living next to the ocean is a good first step.

TNGabe said:
I think it's the backlighting that's killing it. I'm usually only happy with my pics if I tune them up with some filtering or refocusing in Aviary and even then they still suck. Maybe Channel66 can write a nice guide to cell phone beer photography for us. I think living next to the ocean is a good first step.

I agree. Lighting that looks nice in the house doesnt necessarily mean good lighting for a beer pic. I guess my pics, like my beer, will improve with more experience.

Oh and drinkin a moose drool. About to dive in!

image-619297507.jpg

Just crushed a 3 beans and a tumbler. Man beers are tasting reallllll good today. Must be the weather or the fact that the crazy hours I've been working have made me lose some tolerance, but I am feeling good already today. :drunk:

Getting ready to dive into one of my homebrewed brown ales. Staying in the genre and really lookin forward to see how my ale came out when it is properly carbed.

Just crushed a 3 beans and a tumbler. Man beers are tasting reallllll good today. Must be the weather or the fact that the crazy hours I've been working have made me lose some tolerance, but I am feeling good already today. :drunk:

Getting ready to dive into one of my homebrewed brown ales. Staying in the genre and really lookin forward to see how my ale came out when it is properly carbed.

Right on. I just spent the last 5 hours splitting wood. I'm primed for a beer or eleventeen.

Nukebrewer's Old Ale. Wow this thing is goood.

Pours a dark murky brown almost black with very little head on the pour. Leaving a thin white line resting on the top of this dark beauty.

Getting mostly chocolate on the nose with just the slightest hint of alcohol on a deep inhalation.

What awesome flavor. chocolate, roasty coffee, raisin, and extremely clean on the delivery and finish. A nice strong full body really brings these flavors through much better than if this was a lighter bodied beer.

This is my first time having an Old ale ever and i am now a big fan. Really a great job on this one nuke!

Wow, I really appreciate the good review. I'm glad you like it since that means it aging well. I just had myself one last night and thought it was better than it was when I entered it for NHC.:mug:

I know I'm not Channel66, but I wanted to put my two cents in. I've taken to editing my cell phone pics in Photoshop Elements (~$100 for the version I have. Current version could be the same or a little more). If you can't or won't pay that much, GIMP is a free, open-source program that is a reasonable facsimile of Photoshop. It's missing some features that are in Photoshop, but for the purposes of editing beer pics it has everything you might need. What I have noticed is that the two biggest faults in cell phone pics are low contrast and low saturation. The general process I follow is to bump up the contrast until it looks good, then bump up the brightness a little because raising contrast can make darker portions of the image even darker causing detail to be lost, when everything else looks good I'll go ahead and bump up the saturation just a teensy bit to make the colors pop. One other thing cell phones don't do very well is depth-of-field. A narrow depth of field will make the things in front of and behind the subject out of focus to really make the subject stand out. Unfortunately there's not much to be done about that without manually selecting areas to blur and it usually ends up looking fake anyway. As already mentioned, good lighting will go a long way toward making a picture on any given camera a lot better. My last piece of advice is try to practice good composition. There are are tons of articles on the interwebs about photographic composition so I would recommend reading up on that. Last thing (for real this time) is that if you don't feel like transferring from your phone to your computer to do all this editing, there are a ton of photo editing apps out there. Just do your homework on them since a lot of them are crap. I personally use Camera ZOOM FX for when I am out and about. It's really a camera app, but it has fantastic built in editor and lots of options for the camera.

Wow, I really appreciate the good review. I'm glad you like it since that means it aging well. I just had myself one last night and thought it was better than it was when I entered it for NHC.:mug:

I know I'm not Channel66, but I wanted to put my two cents in. I've taken to editing my cell phone pics in Photoshop Elements (~$100 for the version I have. Current version could be the same or a little more). If you can't or won't pay that much, GIMP is a free, open-source program that is a reasonable facsimile of Photoshop. It's missing some features that are in Photoshop, but for the purposes of editing beer pics it has everything you might need. What I have noticed is that the two biggest faults in cell phone pics are low contrast and low saturation. The general process I follow is to bump up the contrast until it looks good, then bump up the brightness a little because raising contrast can make darker portions of the image even darker causing detail to be lost, when everything else looks good I'll go ahead and bump up the saturation just a teensy bit to make the colors pop. One other thing cell phones don't do very well is depth-of-field. A narrow depth of field will make the things in front of and behind the subject out of focus to really make the subject stand out. Unfortunately there's not much to be done about that without manually selecting areas to blur and it usually ends up looking fake anyway. As already mentioned, good lighting will go a long way toward making a picture on any given camera a lot better. My last piece of advice is try to practice good composition. There are are tons of articles on the interwebs about photographic composition so I would recommend reading up on that. Last thing (for real this time) is that if you don't feel like transferring from your phone to your computer to do all this editing, there are a ton of photo editing apps out there. Just do your homework on them since a lot of them are crap. I personally use Camera ZOOM FX for when I am out and about. It's really a camera app, but it has fantastic built in editor and lots of options for the camera.

Thanks Nuke. I only mentioned Channel b/c I thought you were still using your real camera. Have you gone back to the phone? I didn't notice if so:drunk:

Black saison here.

BrewinHooligan said:
That sammie looks rediculous man... I gotta get me some

A firehouse staple. Breaded cutlet fresh mozzarella roasted red peps with some sautéed broccoli rabe in garlic and oil. Really Hits the spot when in the mood for a snammich. Did I miss any ingredients remmy?

Back