Help! What to brew next -

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig_reed

Reaction score
I have brewed two batches so far - one being a strong IPA I called Simtra or SLY PA using Simcoe and Citra hops and my second one was a Vanilla Pumpkin Spice Ale that has been in the primary for about a week now.

I need help trying to figure out what to brew next? I have been thinking either a Cream Ale, another IPA (my favorite to drink) or trying my hand at a darker beer like the bourbon porter recipe. I have been using extract and specialty grains. Another option I have been looking at was a blood orange hefeweizen.

I have been pretty adventurous in jumping out and taking some liberties on some of the basic recipies as I have been an "assistant" brewer with some co workers many times.

Any ideas on what you think I should brew next? Some recipe suggestions that ended up being killer? There are so many I want to do and try that I just can't decide. Any personal recipes are welcome as well!

My to favorites so far are a Arrogant Basterd clone and my warsaw pact ipa. It started off as a ninkasi clone. I dony know how close it is to ninkasi but it rocks. They are both posted on hopville.com

My to favorites so far are a Arrogant Basterd clone and my warsaw pact ipa. It started off as a ninkasi clone. I dony know how close it is to ninkasi but it rocks. They are both posted on hopville.com

Those sound great! I love Arrogant Bastard. Which Ninkasi was it supposed to be a clone of? Total Domination IPA?

I will check them out :mug:

Yes the total domination. If you look under a search for ninkasi there are others that have made some tweaks to it that may be closer but its a great IPA. If you make it let me know what you think I have had pretty good feed back on it and opinions are welcome for improvements

Back