Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually the main sports radio station is running commercials telling people not to watch a couple of east coast teams we don't care about. Commercial gives alternatives of things to do instead.

Jeez. I hate both teams too, probably more than you. I'm a diehard Yankees fan so all things Boston immediately piss me off on principle, and I'm a Packers OWNER surrounded by idiotic Giants fans my entire life (and just got beat by them bad too). But I'm not THIS much of a sore loser. I wonder what that station would have done if San Fran had lost the WS two years ago. Call for riots?

Really couldn't care less about these teams. Honestly I am rooting for Eli and Brady to go down in the 1st so that the media and nfl don't get their precious Eli versus Brady rematch.

Yeah yeah yeah, we got it....We all know you want people to get hurt. Your team isn't going to the Superbowl. Get over it!!!

I love football so of course I will watch. then go into a slight depression until august.

Damn, one of my good clients just scored Super Bowl tickets. Not taking me, though, taking his son, the basterd. Asked if it was too late to get adopted. Been a season ticket holder for forty years. Guess the team runs a second lottery for tickets that the initial round of winners don't take, or have to cancel on, so he didn't find out until last night. Only paying ("only") $800 a pop. Row 1 in the end zone, so maybe he'll get his paws on a Gronk spike.

Jeez. I hate both teams too, probably more than you. I'm a diehard Yankees fan so all things Boston immediately piss me off on principle, and I'm a Packers OWNER surrounded by idiotic Giants fans my entire life (and just got beat by them bad too). But I'm not THIS much of a sore loser. I wonder what that station would have done if San Fran had lost the WS two years ago. Call for riots?

I don't think people would be as upset if it wasn't clear 3 weeks ago after the divisional round who the NFL and media were rooting for to be in this game. The teams are East Coast the media is East Coast the NFL is East Coast, and all you heard about in lead up to the championship games was "just how elite is Eli, is he better than Peyton? Is Brady the greatest ever, better than Joe? How badly will these east coast juggernauts beat these teams by? Match ups don't matter, as long as we get the highest ratings." It's been a pathetic suck off of these teams even before they got in. Not to mention at least one of the teams backing in since Kyle Williams was the Giants best player that night. Fact is seeing a 9-7 team take on the second worst pass defense in NFL history is a total snooze fest and speaks volumes about the changes in the game when a defense as ****ty as NE can get in. For the record Eli will never be Peyton and Brady will never be as good as Joe. Joe didn't choke away perfect seasons when it mattered.

gonefishin_title.jpg

Don't you have some nightcrawlers to dig?

Really, who gives a flying ****? ESPN's not in control of who makes the Super Bowl. If they were, do you we EVER would have seen Seattle or Arizona in the Super Bowl?

I don't think people would be as upset if it wasn't clear 3 weeks ago after the divisional round who the NFL and media were rooting for to be in this game. The teams are East Coast the media is East Coast the NFL is East Coast, and all you heard about in lead up to the championship games was "just how elite is Eli, is he better than Peyton? Is Brady the greatest ever, better than Joe? How badly will these east coast juggernauts beat these teams by? Match ups don't matter, as long as we get the highest ratings." It's been a pathetic suck off of these teams even before they got in. Not to mention at least one of the teams backing in since Kyle Williams was the Giants best player that night. Fact is seeing a 9-7 team take on the second worst pass defense in NFL history is a total snooze fest and speaks volumes about the changes in the game when a defense as ****ty as NE can get in. For the record Eli will never be Peyton and Brady will never be as good as Joe. Joe didn't choke away perfect seasons when it mattered.

Why do you even watch the NFL?

Also... the 2000 Rams, the 2006 Colts, and to a lesser extent, last years Packers weren't defensive juggernauts, all high power offensive teams, all champs, kinda like the Pats will be this Sunday.

gonefishin_title.jpg

Don't you have some nightcrawlers to dig?

Really, who gives a flying ****? ESPN's not in control of who makes the Super Bowl. If they were, do you we EVER would have seen Seattle or Arizona in the Super Bowl?

Teams backing in plus story lines that have given us West Coasters reasons to hate both teams makes for worst super bowl ever.

Why do you even watch the NFL?

Also... the 2000 Rams, the 2006 Colts, and to a lesser extent, last years Packers weren't defensive juggernauts, all high power offensive teams, all champs, kinda like the Pats will be this Sunday.

I watch cause I love football. I get irritated when rules constantly change the game to the point where a team with no just the worst pass defense in a single season can make the Superbowl, but the 2nd worst pass defense in NFL history. That's just terrible football. You should at least be able to field a reasonable defense. All of the teams you mentioned had defenses that were at least average.

... and you want to keep whining about how bad New England's defense is (which makes me think you haven't actually watched the games these past two weeks)...

If your precious 49'ers had been able to beat the (9-7) Giants last week, the storyline would have been "Is Alex Smith now officially the worst starting QB in Super Bowl history?"

Seriously, if the Giants were THAT bad a team, it never should have come down to a punt returner. Should have beaten them by forty points. Oh, I forget; your quarterback is worse than Tim Tebow.

And, being able to field a punt properly is pretty basic - you somehow think the Giants are undeserving of their being in the Super Bowl because the 49'ers ****ed up one of the game's most fundamental plays? San Fran sure didn't show anything to prove THEY deserved to be there.

Seriously, if the Giants were THAT bad a team, it never should have come down to a punt returner. Should have beaten them by forty points. Oh, I forget; your quarterback is worse than Tim Tebow.

And, being able to field a punt properly is pretty basic - you somehow think the Giants are undeserving of their being in the Super Bowl because the 49'ers ****ed up one of the game's most fundamental plays? San Fran sure didn't show anything to prove THEY deserved to be there.

I agree, Alex Smith sucks, he's a place holder until we get a real quarterback. Him and Kyle blew that game. Giants did little to win it. You can't really b serious about NE's defense. You beat Tebow and the Ravens offense, which if not for a shanked kick ties that game. Hardly offensive powerhouses you shut down.

I am curious what you're planning to do with all of those sour grapes. Are they table grapes, or are you going to make a nice, acidic wine with them?

So this is how a dominate West Coast football teams season ends....

tumblr_ly8ijpJX7P1r7g2ieo1_400.jpg

kyleimages.jpg

kyle_williams.JPG

Yep. Made probably the dumbest play I have ever seen in a championship game. If he runs the **** away from that ball instead of being a complete idiot the Niners win. Hell, if Alex is a decent QB that play doesn't matter because the Niners would have been up a couple scores. Never thought I'd see the day where if Teddy Ginn plays the 49ers are in the Superbowl.

Yep. Made probably the dumbest play I have ever seen in a championship game. If he runs the **** away from that ball instead of being a complete idiot the Niners win. Hell, if Alex is a decent QB that play doesn't matter because the Niners would have been up a couple scores. Never thought I'd see the day where if Teddy Ginn plays the 49ers are in the Superbowl.

Woulda....Coulda....Shoulda.....

Sorry, but I think its a healthy does of sore loser-ness is clouding your thoughts.

Absolutely, but hard to deny that beating a Green Bay team that was playing it's worst game of the year and a team led by Alex Smith and still needing a monumentally stupid play by a punt returner is not much of an accomplishment. I'll give it to Eli and Brady, Eli made plays when he had too because unlike Alex he is a real QB, and Brady really is one of the greatest. I've got nothing against either of them.

Woulda....Coulda....Shoulda.....

Exactly. I can handle the loss, it sucks but oh well. I just have a hard time when the Superbowl ends up between two teams I hate and have no reason to root for. Can't both lose? Or can Mark Herzlich and Ocho win and everyone else lose?

Isn't he still in prison?

I thought they stopped playing that song at sporting events because they specifically didn't want him to get royalties, but in all honesty I haven't noticed whether they play it anymore or not.

Oh well, my Niners get a real QB and we'll mop the floor with all you guys next year. Should probably cut Kyle as well. Good luck in the Superbore.

Just snap your fingers and POOF, you've got a legit QB! Easy-peazy!

That's why the 49ers are still trotting Alex Smith out there. They haven't been able to find anyone worth a **** since they ran Jeff Garcia out of town.

Just snap your fingers and POOF, you've got a legit QB! Easy-peazy!

That's why the 49ers are still trotting Alex Smith out there. They haven't been able to find anyone worth a **** since they ran Jeff Garcia out of town.

True. And yet even with Alex we were a single mind blowingly idiotic mistake away from beating the Giants and then showing NE what a real defense looks like. I will say that if Peyton is healthy and released I'll be miffed if we don't make a play for him. That said, doubt he is healthy. Hopefully Kaep ends up being something.

Who the **** are you, anyway? You don't show up in this thread until your team's in the playoffs, and now you just ***** and moan and not watch the game at all. You seem like a pink-hatter to me.

And, the whole "we'd be awesome with someone else at QB!" is incredibly lame, since, you know... the QB's kind of the most important player on the team and all. When your QB situation would be improved by going from Alex Smith to Akili Smith, count your damn blessings you even made the playoffs. ****, if you played in any other division, you'd have been lucky to win eight games.

Isn't he still in prison?

I thought they stopped playing that song at sporting events because they specifically didn't want him to get royalties, but in all honesty I haven't noticed whether they play it anymore or not.

He's out of prison now, and the NFL banned his song, but apparently not other people's version of that song.

Supposedly it's being used quite often by the Patriots, but I confessed I've never watched one of their games, so I can't say for sure. Some sites online are raising a fuss due to the fact that he will still get royalties even if it's not his version being played.

So in a not-so-roundabout way rooting for the Pats is supporting Child Molestation...

Who the **** are you, anyway? You don't show up in this thread until your team's in the playoffs, and now you just ***** and moan and not watch the game at all. You seem like a pink-hatter to me.

And, the whole "we'd be awesome with someone else at QB!" is incredibly lame, since, you know... the QB's kind of the most important player on the team and all. When your QB situation would be improved by going from Alex Smith to Akili Smith, count your damn blessings you even made the playoffs. ****, if you played in any other division, you'd have been lucky to win eight games.

Really? I posted early in the season but then laid back till the playoffs. But you can't be serious about the "any other division" thing. We were 5-1 in the division and 8-2 outside it. Also, coming from a Pats fan that's kind of laughable since you didn't beat a team with a winning record until last week. Alex admittedly sucks, but even with him we would have taken you guys.

Latest posts

Back