A couple mead ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

impulsoren

Reaction score
Here's a few that I have done in case anyone is interested. I suppose many of you have made just about every concoction you could think of, right?

Rosemary still mead, 15 lbs honey and a fat handful (couldn't touch finger to thumb, about 1 foot long) of rosemary simmered for 15-20 minutes. The best mead I have ever had including those purchased and others I have made. Medicinal tasting if you drink too early.

Grape mead carbonated with 3/8 cup corn sugar. Not super fizzy, not still, it was awesome.

Currently in the secondary is bay laurel mead. I was worried it will taste like pasta sauce, but it smells really really good. I think this one might be as good as the rosemary.

I'm actually going to make another batch of rosemary mead when the next carboy comes available.

I tried sage mead and it smelled a little like tires. Too bad. I think it had to do with heating the sage, maybe I'll try it again in the secondary only.

sounds good. If I were you I would stick a fresh cut of rosemary into each bottle of that mead at bottling for looks and for taste. I'm not sure if that would make the flavor too strong or not though? any idea on that?

Yummyy, Now if only I could get the patience built up to make another/many dry meads.
Thank you for posting that.

sounds good. If I were you I would stick a fresh cut of rosemary into each bottle of that mead at bottling for looks and for taste. I'm not sure if that would make the flavor too strong or not though? any idea on that?

That would be an elegant touch but I think your suspicion that it might be a touch overpowering may be correct. Rosemary's pretty strong. Of course the flavor would mellow with age. That's the trouble with mead. It gets so much better and the flavors really come together after 3-4 years or more but how many of us wait that long?

Latest posts

Back