Keezer (holds 3 cornies), how to regulate gas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amishland

Reaction score
My keezer can hold three cornies, I am trying to figure out how i want to set up the gas.

currently i have a tee hooked up to a single dual gauge regulator.
and this makes it hard to carb and serve at different pressures.
what should i buy?

any recommendations?

You have to go with a larger regulator setup. Not sure if there is a limit, but I have seen ones like THIS all over.

How many different pressures do you think you need? I think a lot of times the idea of having multi-pressure flexibility doesn't pan out in practice unless you like having Hefes and Bitters on at the same time.

I think have 2 kegs at pressure x and one at pressure y would be ok.

but the question then is how can i easily go from two keg force carbing and serving one to serving tow or three at once?

Depends on what you "need" to do. If you are force carbing so that you can drink it in a couple of days, you will need multiple regulators I think. If you just want to force carb while you are drinking two others, then you should be able to run the same line pressure to all 3 and the 3rd will carb in a week or two.

Yeah, what he said. I'm not much for the idea of running kegs at elevated pressures to hurry carbonation along unless you've already aged the beers in secondary for a while. If that's the case, you can just disconnect the kegs that are already carbed and go ahead and apply 30psi overnight to the new chilled keg to get it going a little faster. The next day return the pressure to normal equilibrium and connect all the kegs again.

Back