How Many Gallons of Mead 2015 Edition!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 gallons of straight up plain mead.... 949 + 5 = 954 .....possibly my last this year, but.....not necessarily ;) Need to get a new spigot for my bottling bucket to free up a fermenting bucket, and all...

Just started a 5 gallon batch. I used the Winter Mead recipe, with apple and cranberry juice. Smells so good right now.

For this year I am at about 15 gallons of cinnamon clove mead and have a pineapple coconut starting to ferment so that will count next year when I bottle it or rack it to age and take a gallon to sip on...

For this year I am at about 15 gallons of cinnamon clove mead and have a pineapple coconut starting to ferment so that will count next year when I bottle it or rack it to age and take a gallon to sip on...

We count at yeast pitch round these parts.

I'll add for you.

959 +15 =

974 Gallons.

Had one bee colony depart the hive late this year, they just left, so got some free honey and started a 5 gallons batch of Traditional Mead .

987+5 = 992

994+4=998
1 gal Apple Cyser
1 gal Black Currant Tart Cherry
1 gal Raspberry
1 gal modified Joam

1 gallon Christmas metheglin...
999 gallons!!! Merry Christmas and happy holidays all.

6.6 gallon Traditional mead
6.6 gallon Bluberry
6.6 gallon Blackberry/Blueberry
6.6 gallon Rasberry/Black currant
6.6 gallon Braggot

1013 + 33 = 1046

Almost forgot to come back to this thread. After what is probably far too much thought went ahead and finally made that bochet. Loved the idea as soon as I heard about it, never got around to it until yesterday. Being only my 3rd batch I don't have much to go on, but it looked and smelled great so far.

+5 bochet

=1051

1051+
5 gallons caramel apple
1 gallon raspberry
4 gallons coconut pineapple
6 gallons bochet (1 apple, 1 plum, 1 straight, 3 coconut)
3 gallons Fruit Salad Maple Cyser thing

=1070

1070+
10l Traditional clover
5l Watermelen melomel
5l Banana melomel
5l Cherry melomel
5l Blueberry melomel
5l Cyser
1.5l Traditional Balsam
1.5l Traditional "Summer Honey"
1.5l Traditional Raspberry
= 39.5l = 10.4

Aronia Cyser x 1
Fir Tip Cyser x1
Rhubarb Fennel x 1
Tart Cherry & Elderflower x 1
Low bush Blueberry x 1
Medlar x 1
Wild Grape Pyment x 1

7 + 1085 = 1092

Aronia Cyser x 1
Fir Tip Cyser x1
Rhubarb Fennel x 1
Tart Cherry & Elderflower x 1
Low bush Blueberry x 1
Medlar x 1
Wild Grape Pyment x 1

7 + 1085 = 1092
1 gallon of rowse honey mead - managed to make a new mead every month of 2015.

1 + 1092 = 1093

6 traditional 1 gallon jugs comparing different yeast and 1 gallon cyser using a new yeast.

1092 + 7 = 1099

Hopefully starting my 6 gallon braggot tomorrow but I'll wait to count it.

Add that 5 gallons of my Smoked maple bacon braggot experiment to the mix and then i'm finished for the year.

1109 + 5 = 1114

I just-this-minute joined so I may as well get my gallons in to count for this year, just under the wire! Lemme see... 2 cherry, 2 maple, blueberry, blueberry cinnamon, vanilla cyser, 2 trad BOMM, jalapeno, maple cyser, raspberry, lemon/rose, rose/meadowsweet, grape, and that's all I can remember... And that's just from June, so here's to 2016!

1114 + 15 = 1129

Great job everyone!! Starting our 2016 thread up =) Let's beat this one!

Back