DC Group Grain Buy #4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks stonebrewer.
I'll be happy to take 5-10# off your carapils stockpile.

Flaked Wheat
I'm in with you on the flaked wheat. atjsparty also showed interest, so we need one more participant. Should we add this to the buy now?

Crystal
If anyone wants to share quarters or fifths of crystal, let me know and which kind. We'll carry those over to the next buy probably.

Also in for some CaraPils with the next pickup.

IslandLizard: Barrels will take some using before they're ready for souring. Straight from bourbon use to sour might be too quick. I soured my 5 gallon after 3 uses and it's tasting quite good. My 15 gallon from Keystone was definitely wet.

Also in for some CaraPils with the next pickup.

IslandLizard: Barrels will take some using before they're ready for souring. Straight from bourbon use to sour might be too quick. I soured my 5 gallon after 3 uses and it's tasting quite good. My 15 gallon from Keystone was definitely wet.

Yeah, of course, makes sense. For sours we don't want that much flavor, or perhaps none at all. Just some funkyness with bourbon or whisky remnants being eeked out of the wood.

Also, would be interested in hops. Centennial, no problem taking 5-6 lbs. Would snag up to 3 lbs of Citra or Amarillo.

I just thought of something. HopsDirect and some other bulk sellers may impose limits on certain hops. They've done that before, and as little as only 1 pound of Amarillo per order. If there is enough interest I can find out what it takes to get larger quantities. The price should get better proportionally.

I just thought of something. HopsDirect and some other bulk sellers may impose limits on certain hops. They've done that before, and as little as only 1 pound of Amarillo per order. If there is enough interest I can find out what it takes to get larger quantities. The price should get better proportionally.
Depending on the price I might be interested in some hops. Do you have any minimum quantities?

Depending on the price I might be interested in some hops. Do you have any minimum quantities?

Minimum would be 1 pound per variety for now. I'll start a new thread so we don't clutter stonebrewer's malt bulk buy. Stay posted for the link. I'll post it here in the near future.

OK, we are at 39 if I counted right, not counting the flaked wheat or crystal splits that people are talking about above, but have not quite completed. This is going to close soon and there are a few folks that have not picked up from the last buy still.

If you are going to order, please make arrangements to pick up in a timely manner. I don't mind holding onto a few bags, but I think I still have 10 sacks in my garage so let's find a way to be better about this or SWMBO is going to get upset with me and then the buy as it stands will go away. I can get away with it right now because we have some construction going on and she is focused on that, but they will finish up soon and then her attention is going to shift.

Let's close this one this week and I will open up buy #5. Cheers all!
Tony

jasonvt: close out takes one sack (we do 40 not 42). So do you want to put one on this buy and two on the next, or move your three to the next buy? I am okay with any way you wanna go.

My bad, thought there were 42 bags on a pallet. You can just push everything for me to the next buy please.

Stony, do you still have some C60 for sale? I don't need anything close to a sack but I think I remember you mentioned something about buying from you for $1 per pound...

UPDATE: Finally got up with our buyer today and think, with luck, that the grain will arrive next week. So prepare to come over to pick up your goods next Saturday. More info to come out via email next week.

Cheers!

funnycreature: will check tonight...sorry but I have been a road warrior and checking on email just gets left by the wayside until I can get back home and caught up...lost my cell phone on top of that, so it has been even harder the last week.

funnycreature: will check tonight...sorry but I have been a road warrior and checking on email just gets left by the wayside until I can get back home and caught up...lost my cell phone on top of that, so it has been even harder the last week.

Sorry to hear buddy! Hope everything works out. I'll have a Kölsch for you when I come pick up the grains :mug:

UPDATE: Finally got up with our buyer today and think, with luck, that the grain will arrive next week. So prepare to come over to pick up your goods next Saturday. More info to come out via email next week.

Cheers!

Hooray, contact with the alien world! Let's keep our fingers crossed for a timely dispatch.

Is anyone going to The Annapolis Craft Beer and Music Festival on Saturday the 21st? 6 hours of unlimited samples!

Awesome, thanks Tony!!

Group 4 buyers,
Any chance there's anyone from Northern VA heading to pick-up grains and willing to get my 4 bags? If not, I'll try to be there at 9am to pick-up.

Oh, I'd like 10-15 lbs of CaraPils as well! Will PayPal before Friday.

Atjsparty

I live in MD but work in NOVA. I can probably grab your this weekend and you can meet me in NOVA if that works. Send me a message if that helps you.

Stonebrewer,

I will be picking up my grains this weekend.

Can I also get some of the carapils too:

Captain Al 10lbs
Masonsjax 10 lbs (I will pick up his also)

Sure thing. I think that might just wrap up the Carapils after everyone that has asked for it gets theirs. Anyone else from here out that wants it please wait until I get through this weekend to see if there is any carapils left. Cheers!

Luckily I had an assembly line to help unload. Took about 10 mins for us to unload about 70 sacks of grain. I then hauled the other 28 sacks in another load.

Everyone has picked up except the two people who made other arrangements. Enjoy your grain and make great beer everyone! Thanks to all for helping get this out quick today. Makes SWMBO happy which means I can keep doing this.

Cheers!

All,
I'm planning a 22oz bomber buy in bulk. Each pallet comes with 1260 bottles in cardboard cases. Bottles are .60 each after S&H. I've got some teammates from GRIST in and wanted to expand the pool.

Please respond to this or PM me with interest. I'd like a commitment for a minimum 4 case buy.

Thanks..

Brew On!!

:mug:

All,
I'm planning a 22oz bomber buy in bulk. Each pallet comes with 1260 bottles in cardboard cases. Bottles are .60 each after S&H. I've got some teammates from GRIST in and wanted to expand the pool.

Please respond to this or PM me with interest. I'd like a commitment for a minimum 4 case buy.

Thanks..

Brew On!!

:mug:

Whoa, just saw your post in the sidebar.

This buy has long closed. We are at #7 now. Please post your idea there if you want to reach the current crowd.

DC Group Buy #7

Back