South Jersey/Philly Group Buy Round 37! PREORDER/INFO/COMING SOON!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xjncoguyx said:
Not really that great of prices though

Yeah, i've seen lower prices on HBT. I don't know of anywhere else in Philly that can beat that price tho. It's still cheaper than driving to south nj from philly w cost of gas and toll. Do you know of any other places that can beat that price factoring cost of driving/shipping cost if you order online? Cheapest i found is ordering from Morebeer in intervals of 10lbs unmilled and above 60 bucks to get free shipping. Philly homebrew outlet still beats morebeer.

Yeah, i've seen lower prices on HBT. I don't know of anywhere else in Philly that can beat that price tho. It's still cheaper than driving to south nj from philly w cost of gas and toll. Do you know of any other places that can beat that price factoring cost of driving/shipping cost if you order online? Cheapest i found is ordering from Morebeer in intervals of 10lbs unmilled and above 60 bucks to get free shipping. Philly homebrew outlet still beats morebeer.
On the latest group buy we placed it's about .20$ cheaper per pound or 11$ a bag. So no, even with a toll and gas it's still cheaper. I purchased 3 bags which would equate to 33$ in savings. And it was even cheaper before that. I still don't understand why NCM decided to change their pricing structure and **** over all the homebrewers.

Pretty sure NCM did it due to more and more home brew shops complaining about losing money to the group buys.

Pretty sure NCM did it due to more and more home brew shops complaining about losing money to the group buys.
Im sure there were some complaining. Luckily brett was cool enough to work with us to make it still cost effective to do these bulk grain buys.

xjncoguyx said:
On the latest group buy we placed it's about .20$ cheaper per pound or 11$ a bag. So no, even with a toll and gas it's still cheaper. I purchased 3 bags which would equate to 33$ in savings. And it was even cheaper before that. I still don't understand why NCM decided to change their pricing structure and **** over all the homebrewers.

Oh yeah, 3 bags is worth it. I'm just getting one for now. Dont't brew enough for 3 bags.

OK guys, thanks for hanging in there for a while. The past month has been hell on wheels. Here is the deal. The next buy will be coming up soon. I have to talk to Jeff and hopefully start up a new thread for this next run to avoid confusion.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this but I have to set up some rules. The last buy was a bit rocky and took a lot of my time. Some people didn't pick up for two weeks and others paid less than what they were quoted. So here is the deal, as always I don't know the day the grain will be delivered due to weather and a few other factors. So please do not put an order in if there is a chance you wont be able to make it here in time to pick it up, remember you can always have someone else grab the grain. All updates will be posted here and on facebook. So with out sounding like a prick, I didn't know, I was busy, or I couldn't find time are not acceptable reasons for not picking up your grain. I don't have that much spare room or time here and I have a bum shoulder and can't lug the grain around to much. With all that being said most people were here either the day of or the next day so thanks for that.

I guess I will just list the rules below.

1)All payments must be in before the order will be placed. (I got stuck with several sacks of grain last buy because people got in the buy late and asked if I would do them a favor and order it and they would pay when they picked up. Needless to say they never picked up.) So get payment in ASAP so you don't hold the order up.

2)Again the orders are for base malts only. I can't offer anything more with out jeopardizing my store.

3)The way pricing will work is I will grab the current price sheet from NCM and add the additional charges and then post them up. For every sack you buy add $4.50 for shipping and if you pay with paypal add 3% to your total for paypal fees. If you pay credit to the store the fees are actually higher so paypal and cash in store are the only two options for payment. You can send payment via paypal to [email protected]
3b)Here is an example of how the pricing will work. You get two sacks or superior pale @$40 each so the is 40+40= 80 then add the shipping 80+(4.50+4.50)=89 then add the pay pal charges 89x1.03=$91.67 via paypal, or $89 if paid in store with cash. If you absolutely must pay credit it would be 89x1.06(credit card fees)=$94.34

4)If you do not pick up your grain there will be a $5 a day storage fee per day/per sack that you will have to pay when you pick them up. The last buy I did only half of the grain was picked up the day it was supposed to be picked up. As most off you know I had surgery the day before the last buy and I had some complications due to moving 50 sacks of grain that first day. I would have waited to get the shipment but I didn't want to screw you guys over.

5)There will be three ways to order HBT, Facebook, and via email. You can either PM me on HBT or place your order info on what ever forum we get going. You can also go to the facebook page and message me there or place the order in the comments, or you email me at [email protected]. I will take your order give you a price and mark you down in my book. Once you have paid you are then on the pallet. If you place an order but don't get a price from me than I didn't get the order, call the store or try contacting me via email.

6)I will leave the order open for two weeks. How ever many FULL pallets we fill is going to be the order size. I will put out a message a few days before the order is placed letting you know how many more sacks are needed to fill the last pallet. If the last pallet does not get filled it will be dropped from the order and money will be refunded. The way placement on the pallet will work is when you paid, not when you placed an order. So if you ordered first but paid last and the last pallet doesn't fill your grains may be dropped from the order if the pallet doesn't fill, so try to pay ASAP.

7)If you want to special order something let me know in advance. If you want anything else in your order just email me, call, or post it to any of the forums.

8)This is the final thing. There is going to be a bit of time between this order and the next. This time of year is when it really starts picking up and I doubt I will have time to put another order together for a while so stock up now if you can.

If there are any questions or issues please let me know. I also wanted to thank Jeff (lordura), Jim Fish, and David Drass. Jeff for obvious reasons and Jim and Dave for helping out the day the grain came in.
Cheers,
Brett
BYOB 856 858 6000

Back