Anyone know a mini fridge that doesnt need any mods?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blawjr

Reaction score
I want to find a mini fridge that can hold at least 2 kegs and co2 tank without any modification. Anyone know of one?

Zero mods? I don't think so, but could be wrong. Frigidaire makes a 4.4 cf mini fridge that holds 2 ball locks & co2 on the hump. You just have to unscrew the freezer floor (no bending) and in mount the light. I have it and it works like a charm. Do a search in the DIY section for frigidaire for a large build thread

Cheers,

This is the only one I've seen, but it doesn't look big enough for two kegs.

I am putting one of those together right now. It will hold 2 5 gal cornies plus gas on outside or inside, but no more than that.

If you want a full kit, Beer Miester is your best bet. Their value line can hold 3 plus gas, and is very similar to the Edgestar in size. They've just done more mods than the Edgestar in the same price range.

I am putting one of those together right now. It will hold 2 5 gal cornies plus gas on outside or inside, but no more than that.

If you want a full kit, Beer Miester is your best bet. Their value line can hold 3 plus gas, and is very similar to the Edgestar in size. They've just done more mods than the Edgestar in the same price range.

Do you know if the edge star uses a standard 3 inch tower ?

Why not just go to sears scratch and dent outlets and buy a cheap drop freezer? That's what I did. I think my external temp controller was more expensive than the freezer itself.

Do you know if the edge star uses a standard 3 inch tower ?

Depends. If you buy the single tap model, no. And it uses a weird plastic locking mechanism which isn't all that stable. The two/three tap models come with a 3 inch tower that needs to be bolted to the top. You'd need to drill the holes for those bolts, but the fridge is setup so that you can drill around the existing hole in the top without being worried about exposing wire.

I bought the fridge by itself as it was on sale (cheaper than now) with free shipping. I've gotten the other parts, including the tower from other sellers. My goal was to have 2 2.5g kegs on tap, and leave a shelf installed for bottled/canned drinks of various kinds. One of the kegs will have soda in it, so I've been delayed a bit as a couple parts came as chrome plated brass that need replacing. But I also managed to get Perlicks, a secondary regulator instead of a manifold, and so on for roughly the same price as the kit due to all the sales available.

I do intend to take a couple photos when it's done for the kegerator thread, but I'm still tracking down some SS shanks locally to finish the project.

The Sanyo 49xx models fit two standard cornies and a 5lb tank with no mods. Problem is is that they're rather obsolete by now, but you may get lucky on Craigslist.

Got any pics?

8243667509_9f72e3b767_c.jpg

8243666877_8d896d343d_c.jpg

8244734476_fb3d2161b5_c.jpg

The paper plate is cut to the size of the corny bottom to show that another would fit. I actually have a second keg now will try to take another picture showing both in the fridge

The Sanyo 49xx models fit two standard cornies and a 5lb tank with no mods. Problem is is that they're rather obsolete by now, but you may get lucky on Craigslist.

I tried finding one of those about 5 years ago. No luck on the 49xx, but I did find a Haier kegerator that fits three kegs on Craigs List. I spent as much on the triple tower as I did on the kegerator. Then there was the Perlick faucets...

blawjr said:
Is the co2 tank in there as well?

No as i stated earlier, I ran the co2 out and to a cabinet adjacent to the fridge. There is room behind on the shelf but it was be hard nay impossible to adjust with two kegs in the fridge

Back