Attaching Collar to Keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I attached to collar to the stock hinges on the freezer. I then attached the stock lid to the collar using 3" door hinges.

I used liquid nails to attach the freezer lid to the collar, then attached the freezer hinges to the collar.

I attached to collar to the stock hinges on the freezer. I then attached the stock lid to the collar using 3" door hinges.

I did the same. This allows you move the taps out of the way when loading/unloading kegs while also giving you easy access to the fittings and lines.

I attached the collar the to freezer with liquid nails. I removed the stock hinges from the freezer and attached them to the collar.

I used construction adhesive and 8 modified brackets that I screwed into freezer. Also sealed with silicon

TheDom said:
I used liquid nails to attach the freezer lid to the collar, then attached the freezer hinges to the collar.

This. It gets everything out of the way when opening and you don't have to lift kegs as high. Also I advise adding a handle to the collar for opening so you're not putting pressure on the glue by pulling up on the freezer lid.

+1 putting the collar on hinges ... I just tossed the lid and made a whole new top integrated with the collar ... found some really nice glass tile for the top (big-time SWMBO points) ...

Back