kegerator complete... finally

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

android

Reaction score
after a month or so of tinkering around with my folks' old fridge, it's finally transformed. nothin' too fancy here, but wanted to share it with y'all. old frigidaire, probably not the most efficient thing in the world, but gets the job done and fits 4 cornies perfectly. i posted some of these already in a photo thread, so sorry for double posting some.

dry erase board on the inside after taking out the door panel:
DSC00056.jpg

inside with all the connections and false floor:
DSC00160.jpg

after phase I, it worked but i wasn't happy with it:
DSC00158.jpg

thanks to MSUconrad for the idea of adding a wood collar to make room for larger tap handles. i have some unmilled cherry sitting in my garage, so i finally got some milled to about 1.5" thick and made this for it:
DSC00311.jpg

ready for the new tap handles that were drying during the pic:
DSC00307.jpg

and finally, the tap handles i got around to turning over the last few days... first time i've used the lathe in a LONG time... remembered how fun it is... maple, bloodwood, purpleheart, & walnut.
DSC00331.jpg

gotta get another perlick, that standard one looks so out of place... ;)

also not totally happy with how the drip tray sits (I messed up dilling the holes... i'll have to fix that someday as well, but it works, so it's good for now.

:mug:

Ditto on the handles = > did you make them yourself ? The wood trim is a nice touch.

This seems like an easier project than a keezer conversion ... comments ?

I have a chest freezer/Ranco setup and am currently using cobra taps..how do you get the CO2 to the kegs (I see a tank on the outside)

Ditto on the handles = > did you make them yourself ? The wood trim is a nice touch.

This seems like an easier project than a keezer conversion ... comments ?

I have a chest freezer/Ranco setup and am currently using cobra taps..how do you get the CO2 to the kegs (I see a tank on the outside)

i did make the handles. i used to turn quite a bit, but haven't over the last year or so.

i can't comment if this is any easier than doing a keezer, but i didn't find this project terribly difficult.

i drilled a hole that is just a hair larger than the gas hose, so i just fed it through that hole. the line fits really snug, so i didn't have to silicone it or anything, although i probably should for good measure.

thanks for the other comments!

Nice job on the kegerater, and I'm glad the wood collar worked out for you. It works well with the custom tap handles. I also really like the vintage look of the fridge.

Back