Clear glass or plastic bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perschml

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a place that has clear glass bottles or for new 20oz plastic bottles. I have a batch of skeeter pee going and I'd like to put it in clear glass or preferably plastic. I like the plastic idea so I can carb it and then take it on the boat this summer. Glass on a boat = BAD!

Any suggestions or links where I can find clear glass or plastic bottles??

Is it better to use amber glass to protect the liquid from the effects of the light ?, specially the UV that exists in ambient light that may produce chemical reactions and actually kill yeasts and other beneficial stuff in wine and beers?
I am new to all this
Thanks

I got a bunch of amber PET bottles at Northern Brewer. I've used and reused them many times for beer and homemade soda. That should work well for you, I'd think. I believe they were 19 ounces.

Is it better to use amber glass to protect the liquid from the effects of the light ?, specially the UV that exists in ambient light that may produce chemical reactions and actually kill yeasts and other beneficial stuff in wine and beers?
I am new to all this
Thanks

i always use dark bottles, but i think its more important with beer than anything else. the uv light interacts with the hops (don't remember exactly how) and that causes "skunking" of the beer" his skeeter pee doesn't have any hops so hes probably ok.

I can get amber plastic bottles locally but was hoping to get clear just for the fact that I have a strawberry pee and a regular one. Just was hoping to see the colors.

The trash can in front of 7-11 has a arm full, just need to do a really good job sanitizing them.

Back