How many gallons did you bre is 2012?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow! I was surprised once I checked my records. I brewed 120 gallons of beer last year. I also brewed 25 gallons of mead and 4 gal of cider.
And although it's not brewing I also made a gallon of limoncello and several Liqueurs, and my own bitters.

I brewed 114 gallons of beer (19 batches @ 6 gallons each), 5 gallons of Apfelwein, and made 12 gallons of wine (Pinot Noir and Rhubarb). Roughly double my output from 2011. I see I can't legally double again in 2013, so we'll have to cap it.

After careful tallying and counting. I went back through my years records and notes and here is the break down:
5 gallons brewed on 12/31/12 - APA

Well I guess I can easily say I will brew more in 2013, but hey I made my last years new years resolution to brew my first batch of beer.

Biohazard said:
After careful tallying and counting. I went back through my years records and notes and here is the break down:
5 gallons brewed on 12/31/12 - APA

Well I guess I can easily say I will brew more in 2013, but hey I made my last years new years resolution to brew my first batch of beer.

Congratulations and Happy New Year.

Only 25 gallons of beer, 1 gallon of hard cider, and 1 gallon of kvass (and 2 liters of root beer). I just recently got back into homebrewing a few months back. I need to pick up the pace!

13, unfortunately. I started in January of 2012, and my last 1-gallon was December 30. I changed the airlock yesterday, and I'll rack to secondary on the 11th. I'll probably taste in March, during which time, I will have brewed another gallon batch. I'm going to return to 1-gallon batches for a while, because I'm trying to go to original recipes only. If I fail with a gallon, I'm out $15 (most of which is hops). If I fail with five, I'm out $75 (most of which is hops). If I succeed with one gallon, I'll transpose for five.

Beer hasnt been brewed until its aged sufficiently in the bottle or keg. Last year I bottled significantly more than I made, for this reason I submit that all of these "how many gallons" threads are pointless and/or unsound.

Why bother posting? That said, I will say, it's not a contest. It's just a fun thread.

I brewed 185 Gallons. Dumped plenty. Shared plenty more. I also gained weight this year. :eek:

Back