Sam Adams Summer Ale Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK--maybe this makes me an EAC, but you can learn quite a bit about how this beer is brewed from their website (www.samadams.com), including the OG, malts, hops and spices used, etc.

Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to look at that information, look at other American Wheat recipes, and formaulate a decent clone recipe.

cweston said:
OK--maybe this makes me an EAC, but you can learn quite a bit about how this beer is brewed from their website (www.samadams.com), including the OG, malts, hops and spices used, etc.

Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to look at that information, look at other American Wheat recipes, and formaulate a decent clone recipe.

yeesh, what an EAC. :cross:

PaleAleMale in the future, search in the forum a little. nice name btw.

check this thread out: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=11750&highlight=Adams+Summer

cheers! :tank:

drouillp said:
yeesh, what an EAC. :cross:

lol!

I actually found that most breweries give you quite a bit of information about their beers on their websites. I know some people were interested in Pyramid's hefe, and you can find almost all the info you need from their website.

Yeah, I have a recipe from the North American Clone Brew book. My batch is currently sitting in secondary waiting to be bottled.

OG 1.055
FG 1.012

Mash:
1 lb Pilsner Malt
1lb Flaked Wheat
.5 lb Carapils Malt

Extract:
3lb Light LME
3lb Wheat LME

Hops:
45 min. 4 AAUs Hallertau
5 min. 2-4 grams crushed Grains of Paradise
0 min. 2 AAU Hallertau
Use Belgian White Beer Yeast Wyeast 3944

I made a few substitutions myself... I cranked the mash up to 3.5 lb of grain, adding some two-row and using less extract. I also used DME for everything. Make sure to check everything in Tasty Brew online or something just to make sure the gravities make sense. I also used WLP400 for yeast. Good luck, let me know how it turns out.
-Ben

Back