What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
El Cerveza Dorado for a pre-dinner drink. Dinner's now over and I ate entirely too much. Hoping to digest and have another El Cerveza Dorado or three in a little while.

ForumRunner_20130926_183905.jpg

Finishing off a growler of Euphoric Sunshine Drip from tired hands watching my friend's monkey football bottling process.

View attachment 150430
describe to me this football monkey process...

haha I dont think I can kill 15.5 gallons on tank 7 by myself!

floccin' sissy. that's a midnight snack for me. you need to harden the flocc up!

and I'm having my Helles w/ lasagna.

If you want some bugs or critters to go in there, just let me know. You follow the recipe as is? Crystal hops? Late hopped a brown saison with crystal today, I'd forgotten how much I like that hop. Can't wait to get some fresh whole cone.

Found some crystal hops at ABS today, even though when I called Andy said he didn't have any. Plan on firing up that Bam recipe this weekend. Don't have 550, trying to decide between the 566 and 585 I have in the fridge. And yes! I'd love to throw some Lacto and/or Brett into the secondary.

OT: my meh pale with pain meds on the side.

Drinking black coffee at the moment. I had too much Double DBA last night.

Will be cracking open some Sierra Nevada Tumbler for the football game though.

Billy-Klubb said:
you are the first person in the history of forever that has ever said that.

Yes, I do realize that

image-2284822050.jpg

That's for 2 Dank Tanks and 1 Stone IPA and a free Stone glass.

image-607453178.jpg

(Glass is in the brown bag). Come to Central Florida, Billy. I will show you around.

Edit:
Crap, they just changed it to 2-4-1 until 9pm. I am never getting home tonight! (First world problems) so that 2 dank tank, 2 stone IPA and a glass.

describe to me this football monkey process...

Surely you know the story about the monkey and the football?

Found some crystal hops at ABS today, even though when I called Andy said he didn't have any. Plan on firing up that Bam recipe this weekend. Don't have 550, trying to decide between the 566 and 585 I have in the fridge. And yes! I'd love to throw some Lacto and/or Brett into the secondary.

OT: my meh pale with pain meds on the side.

Can do.

Drinking wobrien's Extra Stout. Expectations are high based on his name. Needs to warm up a good bit, but the first sip is promising. :)

InityBrew said:
At a local bar here in west chester, pa.

Drinking a new DIPA from Victory. Dirt Wolf. I like it better than hop wallop, the beer it replaced..

How does it compare to Liberty Bell Ringer? I was hoping they'd make that a regular offering, but I'm looking forward to trying Dirtwolf

What'd you think? I thought it was awesome

I think I've had 4 or 5 saisons from TH now and loved them all. ESD was the best outside of maybe HandFarm, but I only got about 2 ozs of that so hard to remember. I think ESD is in the top handful of US saisons I've had for sure.

Your stout is good to, maybe a little less roasty than I was expecting but easy to drink. I've got a Bahamian Guiness up next and then probably a Mad Elf nightcap. Can't wait to tear into one of the TH bottles, but seems a little excessive for making dinner on a Thursday. ;)

TNGabe said:
I think I've had 4 or 5 saisons from TH now and loved them all. ESD was the best outside of maybe HandFarm, but I only got about 2 ozs of that so hard to remember. I think ESD is in the top handful of US saisons I've had for sure.

Your stout is good to, maybe a little less roasty than I was expecting but easy to drink. I've got a Bahamian Guiness up next and then probably a Mad Elf nightcap. Can't wait to tear into one of the TH bottles, but seems a little excessive for making dinner on a Thursday. ;)

It's my favorite saison for sure. Didn't get to try Handfarm though. And sounds like a good night in TN :)

DisturbdChemist said:
I want to find that bomb. It should be down here in Texas soon i hope. Plus i'm playing Fallout 3 too :rockin:. Doing a lot better this time around in the game. Going to check out the DLC soon because i havent yet.

I have wasted far far too many drunk nights playing that game. Now it's mostly drunk Skyrim.

Having a few oz of Oliver watermelon mead.Too sweet like their other melomels but not as syrupy or overflavored as them. I think their origional is a small step above Chaucers,just because its a little less sweet than that one. My favorate is an African fig mead I had found recently.
Now onto a New Holland Ichabod pumpkin-that oddly tastes and smells too much like beef jerky.:confused: I wonder how far south it would go if I just aged it. Because Im not thrilled to have a sixer of it,much...ly. I find too often this happens to me with NewHolland beers. Still though alot of great stuff comes out of Mich.

Smutty nose Rye Ipa.

Would be drinking some Surly Wet, but the Fed ex driver decided not to come tonight. Bull****! . I have been here since 6:00pm and at 6:53 he "attempted to deliver" the package. No knock, no truck, no attempted delivery slip on the door. He was lazy and didn't come. I called within minutes of this happening and the call center rep at fedex even admitted that there was no signature required and that the drivers do this sometimes. To all fed ex!/ ups drivers : Don't be lame and finish your run!

I'm done venting. Next up southern tier Warlock.

If you ever happen to be in Lancaster, PA and see a small brewery called Rumspringa, turn and run. They are 0-4 in my scorecard

image-3132673100.jpg

wobrien said:
If you ever happen to be in Lancaster, PA and see a small brewery called Rumspringa, turn and run. They are 0-4 in my scorecard

That's disappointing. Lancaster brew co has some good offerings and you can't beat the smorgasbord at shady maple!

Back