CT Group Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Scott. I was there that night as well. Brought a growler of IPA in. Your Belgian IPA was great. I saw that Clown Shoes does a Belgian IPA. You may want to check it out. Or Ommegang's BPA may be similar.

I'm hoping that this group buy is still open after Christmas. Need to hold off on expenses until then.

Hey John, I remember you as well. I got a IPA (with Amarillo and Citra) very close to what you had that night and about to bottle it. We hope to make it to L&L to another one of those tastings after the New Year and bring the goods.

Also, maybe we can figure out how we can get the goodies from this group buy down to our area… I work in Rocky Hill during the week so it wouldn't be a stretch for me to go to Windsor to pick up your orders... whenever that might be.

Hey John, I remember you as well. I got a IPA (with Amarillo and Citra) very close to what you had that night and about to bottle it. We hope to make it to L&L to another one of those tastings after the New Year and bring the goods.

Also, maybe we can figure out how we can get the goodies from this group buy down to our area… I work in Rocky Hill during the week so it wouldn't be a stretch for me to go to Windsor to pick up your orders... whenever that might be.

That sounds great. Thanks for the offer to transport. Let me know how I might be able to assist or make it worth your while.

I added my order. a sack of 2-row and a sack of wheat malt. I also picked up that 1/4 sack of Munich that was available.

Just added a few bags. 72 of 80 filled ... Almost there.

Any idea and/or interest in hops? Yeast?

Added two more bags to my order. 5.5 bags left. Just need a few people to grab an extra bag and this will go through

Damn looks like i can't add my order b/c the 30 max person limit was reached! Was hoping to hold off till after the holidays to make sure i had the funds, If I can bypass that I'll order the remaining bags needed to fill the order.

Damn looks like i can't add my order b/c the 30 max person limit was reached! Was hoping to hold off till after the holidays to make sure i had the funds, If I can bypass that I'll order the remaining bags needed to fill the order.
@blueturtle00 You can buy under my order if you want. Sent you PM.

Sorry about that! I can fix it...the limit doesn't need to be 30. I am out of town until Sunday. I'll fix it when I get back (it will make invoicing easier to have the orders separate) . But otherwise it looks like we are just about ready to go.

Also...I will post an update here regarding hops before we finalize things. It can be tricky b/c they go out of stock so often but we may be able to make something work. More later...

wrightbrew said:
Sorry about that! I can fix it...the limit doesn't need to be 30. I am out of town until Sunday. I'll fix it when I get back (it will make invoicing easier to have the orders separate) . But otherwise it looks like we are just about ready to go.

Also...I will post an update here regarding hops before we finalize things. It can be tricky b/c they go out of stock so often but we may be able to make something work. More later...

I saw the thirty person limit as well, when you adjust it count me in for two additional bags..

Anyone coming in from Central MA for the pickup?

Looks like I just missed out. Count me in for the next order! Good luck!

wrightbrew said:

Woo hoo. I can always use more hops

Cool. HBrew71 added some bags for me to his order might get some hops depending whats available.

How many more bags are needed for the order? I might know someone that would want a sack or two and could add it to my order. I might be up for adding hops also depending on what is available.

So a few quick updates regarding the grain buy:

1. This buy is full (actually overfull). However, if you missed the cutoff - please keep an eye on this thread. Sometimes people drop out and you can step in.

That said, and I make no promises, but if the latecomers can muster up a 40 bag commitment here on the forums we can open another pallet. I count about 13 bags right now (provided Doublebird really wants 10). Again this is if AND ONLY IF we can fill a pallet and fill it quick. I want to finalize the order by next Wednesday (1/9). Otherwise, I can probably do another buy in March so you won't have to wait too long.

2. The supplier will be sending updated pricing next week which includes hop availability along with some malt price adjustments (argggh!). On first glance, the hop situation doesn't look great (i.e. the current prices and selection are not terribly enticing) but I will withhold final judgement until all the data is in.

3. I should be able to get a formal quote from the supplier by the end of next week so we can begin collecting funds. Unfortunately, the $200 flat rate I was originally quoted turned out to be an estimate. They weigh each pallet and charge upon shipping. So it may be a bit more or a bit less. I think the $200 ought to get us pretty close but bear in mind it is not a guaranteed rate.

Looks like I missed the group buy but would definitely be in for a few bags when this starts up again.

Do we have a timeline for a pickup date yet?

I submitted the order on Friday so I am hoping we will be ready to pickup either this Saturday (1/26) or the following Saturday (2/2). I will email all participants with the time and location as soon as I have a confirmed ship date for our order.

This being my first time participating in a group buy, when will the grain need to be picked up by? Day of delivery, or do we have a few days to arrange pick up?

Thanks again, Wrightbrew for setting this up.

Got email this evening that pick-up is scheduled for next Saturday, 2/2 from 11am-12pm.
Is anyone from the New Haven area able to pick up? If so, can you pick up my 2 1/4 sacks? I'll buy you a six pack or a beer at Mikro or something.

New here, I would like to get in on this next time around. If anybody steps out and can't pick up any 2-row I would love to jump in.

New here, I would like to get in on this next time around. If anybody steps out and can't pick up any 2-row I would love to jump in.

Its all prepaid so it is extremely unlikely that someone drops at this point. Welcome aboard, though.

Saw the email from wrightbrew a few weeks back about pick up date on 2/2, is this still a go? I didn't know if it was "confirmed"

I believe it is still a go. I haven't seen otherwise.

Still trying to see if someone is going up from the New Haven area that can pick up. I'd prefer to not have to schlep my kid up there.

Hey again Johnny. PM sent.

Anyone else downstate need me to pick up let me know. I'm a few minutes off the Wilbur Cross (Rt. 15) in New Haven.

Bummer about the recent schedule change…looks like it won't be ready this Saturday… maybe next weekend.

Just got an email. Partial shipment received, and rest of shipment is expected tomorrow.

Pick up scheduled for Sunday, 2/10 in the afternoon.
See email for details.

Thanks again, WrightBrew for organizing this group buy.

Is the pickup still tomorrow! I may not be able to make it due to the recent storm. If the pickup is still on, is anyone near Griswold, CT going to pick up grain? If so let me know.
Thanks,
Jared

Is the pickup still tomorrow! I may not be able to make it due to the recent storm. If the pickup is still on, is anyone near Griswold, CT going to pick up grain? If so let me know.
Thanks,
Jared

I live in Groton, so not terribly far away. I'd be willing to pick up your grain.

Thank you for coordinating the group buy James! It was great being able to still pick up my grain despite the weather.

Howdy to all. I am new to this forum, however have "lurked" here for a number of years doing research on various topics, recipes, etc. My pal JohnnyO told me about the group buys- if and when that ever happens again I would be much obliged to buy in. I used to order from NCM but it seems the prices are much, much better bulk. Thanks.
Cheers to all,
Andy

When the next group buy happens, you can count me in for at least 4 bags as long as the timing is right.

I live in the Dominican Republic and am trying to start a nano brewery. Since shipping down here is so expensive, the cheaper the grain is from the start, the better. I have a friend that lives in Norwalk that can pick up and get the grain to me by sea freight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back