Blackberry Honey Mead Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm of Norwegian descent, so I'd like to make a mead label that includes some of the language. I simply want to translate "blackberry honey mead" to Norwegian. So far, all I know is that the three words in question are:

bjørnebær honning mjød

Can anyone lend a hand?

EDIT: I got the answer (below). Here's the result:

blackberrymeadpv3.png

Might want to try PM'ing Ølbart. Good guy from Norway, helped me pick a brew to make my grandfather (also Norwegian)

Ya might want to do what Parker36 suggested. Norwegian, Danish, etc... are based on Old Norse and the Bjorne part is Bjarne (name of my plant mgr.) in Danish/Old Norse and, if I remember correctly, translates to bear/black bear. I don't have time right now to double check and I know somewhere I have a link to the Danish translations. Just what I could add for now.

Blackberry is bjørnebær, honey is honning and mead is mjød, so you're on the right track. In Norwegian compound words, it would be "Bjørnebærhonningsmjød" (which I myself find too weird) or "Mjød av bjørnebærhonning" (much better).

Also note that you should only capitalise the first word of the title.

Actually, I think the literal translation is now: "mead of blackberry honey." I think that's reasonable. I don't want it to be confused with blackberry melomel, which contains the actual fruit. This is a pure mead - varietal honey, water, yeast.

Latest posts

Back