Noob also from Tulsa, OK

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttownbrew

Reaction score
Obviously, our local Tulsa brew store, High Gravity, did a good job advertising for the Holidays...couple newbies from Tulsa.

Wife got me a starter set and Brewers Best English Ale extract kit. I am looking forward to getting on the first batch this weekend. Spent 1/2 the day today reading on the forum about the ups and downs of different techniques.

I think my first addition to my equipment will be Wort Chiller...immersion I suppose, seems sufficient for what I will be doing. Should I buy ~$55 or build?

I think I will pick up a new brewpot and leave my alum. turkey fryer pot alone.

Great info on the site, I look forward to staying on top of everything.

Hello and welcome to the Forums. My wife bought me the starter set a couple of years ago as well about this time.

You are going to love brewing, it's mucho fun. :)

I like High Gravity-- they have a great stock of stuff and the people who run it are cool (and I am going there this weekend to spend the gift cert I got for x-mas :) ) but I got my first kit years ago from Mecca Coffee Company. While High Gravity has a lot of things MCC does not have, MCC has some things HG does not.

Anyway, welcome to another Tulsa homebrewer! :mug:

Back