Christmas Party Hit!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Isn't it nice when your hard work doesn't go unnoticed? I just got back from a friend's Christmas party where I served two of my recent brews. I brought my White Christmas Ale along with a picnic tap and my spare CO2 bottle. Within 2 hours, it was just about gone, and even some of the gals who "don't like beer" commented that they enjoyed it quite a bit. All of the guys were getting nice and toasted on the stuff when the keg blew!

Fortunately, I had a backup plan - the party was only a block from my house, and I had kegged, chilled, and carbonated 5 gallons of my Floor Kill Ale (WAY too young) earlier today. Even my young, yeast clouded beer was a hit with everyone...guess it helps that it's almost 7% alcohol, and no one was feeling any pain before I tapped that keg...

I know what you mean. I've had several cases and kegs killed at recent parties...it's a good thing!!!:D

I was really surprised by the BMC crowd when they attacked my Belgium Dubbel...they couldn't get enough...(maybe because I didn't bring enough...)!

That's cool - I'm hoping for similar reviews at my step-dads b-day party next week. He loved the Grand Cru I made a while back and I made a new one just for the occasion. We'll see how it goes.

Congrats! It's a wonderful feeling to have the fruits of your labor validated like that. Way to go!

Merry Christmas!

Always good to float a keg. Since I only take kegs to homebrew club meetings, I'm always pleased when they blow. The other clubs I belong to are dominated by winos, so I don't take homebrew to their meetings.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I did a wedding a month or so back, and the beers where great hits. The best compliment you can get is hearing your keg blow foam a good hour before you thought it would.

Latest posts

Back