AHS Belgian Trippel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ackgod

Reaction score
I started this extract brew three weeks ago and had an original gravity of 1.082. It had a very violent fermentation so i didn't think i was going to have any problems with this batch, but after checking the gravity yesterday it was still above 1.020. It has been fermenting at about 75 deg the entire time. I plan on putting this in a secondary for another month before bottling anyway, so ill probably leave it for another week or so to see if i can get the gravity to go down a little farther before i transfer it.

Just didn't know if anyone else had brewed this and what fg they ended up with and how long they aged it.

thanks

ackgod,
I brewed it with a starting gravity of 1.076 and f.g. 1.010. I used wlp500 that I stepped up once. Still didn't end up as dry as I would have liked. I lagered for several months. I think it would be difficult to brew belgians that should be dry using extract. For some reason malt extract doesn't attenuate as well as all-grain.
mark
Beer Diary...
Brew School Home Pg1

Back