Cheapest place to buy 5 gal kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrishart7

Reaction score
Where is the cheapest place to buy 5 gal kegs? ebay? Is $30/keg delivered a good deal?

Check Craigslist first. If you can get them locally and avoid shipping you will likely save money. I picked up two for $25 a piece today. The cheapest I could find them after shipping was around $30 a piece.

PM Pedalbiker here on HBT. I bought kegs from him that turned out to be circa $18 or so a keg, after shipping. Of course, I had to set up a group buy and buy a pallet of kegs, but it worked out great.

CL is the way to go. I bought 4 on there for $25 locally. You can set up an alert via google to email ASAP when something you want goes up for sale. Having a search on autopilot is great so you don't have to keep checking. I just got a $900 side by side fridge delivered for $100 from a seller on CL.

Run a search here for google alert and it will show you how to set it up.

+1 craigslist. 5 kegs for $80 and another $30 got me a reg and other odds and ends from the same person. They needed lots of cleaning and a few o-rings, but still a great deal.

be careful purchasing kegs unseen I bought 5 kegs from someone online, 3 had warped plastic gas in dip tubes and had an 1 unusable lid. So basically I paid about $130 for two used kegs

Latest posts

Back