hard lemonade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btencate

Reaction score
Is it possible to fermente lemonade? I wanna make a hard lemonade. It the only way to make it just add liquor?

Here's what I have going in primary right now.

Hard Lemon-Lime Experiment – Brewed 4/5/08

3 lbs. Extra Light DME
8 Cans Minute Maid Lemonade Concentrate
3 Cans Great Value Limeade Concentrate
Safale S-05 Dry Ale Yeast
Yeast Energizer
Yeast Nutrient
Irish Moss
Pectic Enzyme

Made starter for yeast with warm water, 3 tbs. DME and some of the warmed lemonade concentrate added at several different times. Warmed water and about half of the cans of concentrate in a pot to 180 degrees. Added in the DME, Pectic enzyme, and Irish moss. Added the rest of the concentrate to clean sanitized bucket and added water to bring up to 3 gallons. Dumped in the warm DME and concentrate mix. Mixed well and topped up to 5.5 gallons, pitched yeast starter at 90 degrees.

Ok, I racked it over to a carboy two days ago. It looks the color of cider and when I tasted it at racking it was kind of like a margarita. When I moved it I guess it started the yeast back up again and there is already more trub in the bottom and foam formed on the top again. I might need to add more honey/dextrose to make the yeast crap out at its high end alcohol tolerance so that it will be sweet enough.

Back