Wanted to share my stir plate...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trent

Reaction score
stirplatefront.jpg

stirplateback.jpg

Thanks to everybody on here. I would highly suggest for people who don't have time to make a speed controller, just try out different voltage adapters with your fan. I finally settled on one (6V) and spins a 2 inch stir bar in both my flasks perfectly (1000ml and 2000ml). I made the power supply quick disconnect in case it ever goes bad I can simply plug in another one, and easy on/off switch with LED indicator. I had all the parts sitting around except the box, so total cost was $5. Thanks for all yalls help!

Revvy said:
Would you give us a partslist and wiring diagram?...It looks awsome.

Sure!

1 computer fan
2 magnets from old hard drive
1 Radio shack 6x4x2 plastic box
1 rocker switch
1 5V blue led
4 threaded rods
8 nuts for rods
1 1/8 mono audio male jack
1 1/8 mono audio female recepticle
1 5.9V 350mA Motorola Cell phone charger (who doesn't have one of these)
4 Little rubber feet

The fan is pressed against the top of box (I am using the box upside down, I didn't like the seam at the top, and the little dipples look like they can "hold" the flask) and bolted to the bottom section. Everything is wired through the switch.

No messing around with speed. Turn on, spin yeast, turn off, pour into fementer :)

As for wiring, all positives (fan, power and LED) go to one leg of the switch, all negatives (fan, power and LED) goto other leg of the switch. No muss no fuss.

Wow very professional, especially compared to my stirplate. in case anyones curious im experimenting to see if it speeds up the fermentation of vinegar by increasing oxygenation. fortunately i only had to buy the magnetic stir rod the rest was garbage i had around.

stirrer002yi9.jpg

Back