Bulk Priming !@#$ up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unusmundus

Reaction score
So this evening I bottled my 6th ever batch. By this point I'm pretty down pat with bottling, and didn't feel any need to read my kit's instructions-- Only to my demise. I had forgotten that I was supposed to rack my beer ON TOP of my priming sugar (1 and 1/4 cup dextrose dissolved in 1 cup boiling water), but instead I dumped it right on top after the siphon was finished. I immediately realized my mistake. I mixed fairly well for 2-3 minutes straight, careful not to be to aggressive as not to oxidize, but I'm worried about some bottles being over and or not well carbonated. Has anyone else mad this mistake before? How did it turn out? Am I over thinking the whole think? Appreciate any input.

Cheers. :mug:

If you mixed fairly well for 2-3 minutes straight, you're fine. That's overkill, if anything.

Yeah, I may have a bit :smack: OCD and homebrewing are a nasty pair... That said, I used so many damn hops you wouldn't even be able to tell if it were oxidized :D

Back