My Cigar City Brewery Tour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewski1975

Reaction score
Hey all, I just wanted to post up some pictures of the tour I did in Tampa this weekend. Cigar City is a newer brewery but has a ton of awards and is well deserved. Hope the pictures come out ok, we will see.....

421972_248282198589121_100002220285578_548897_826415469_n.jpg

423451_248282368589104_100002220285578_548900_74307477_n.jpg

425368_248282128589128_100002220285578_548895_1816327318_n.jpg

429916_248282251922449_100002220285578_548898_2004820920_n.jpg

Im going to have to take a weekend trip to go check this out! Im not far from Tampa at all. I actually checked out the Yuengling brewery that is in Tampa last time I was there. Was a awesome tour.

Looks like they didn't show you the expansion area they'll be moving into this spring (probably because of construction). There's some very sweet equipment in there, with an internal calandria. Their lagers are already good; that should kick them up another notch!

Looks like they didn't show you the expansion area they'll be moving into this spring (probably because of construction). There's some very sweet equipment in there, with an internal calandria. Their lagers are already good; that should kick them up another notch!

No, the tour was only in the original building, the expansion is in the building behind it, they talked about it a bit. I'll have to go back when it opens for sure

I'll be in Tampa end of March. I can't wait to check out Cigar City and Yuengling.
I did Yuengling, Pottsville about 4 months ago.

Even though we have out monthly "Department Meeting" at Cigar City we've never taken the brewery tour. They're a great bunch of guys & gals who seem to really enjoy what they're doing.

We've taken the Brew Bus from Cigar City to some of the local beer festivals and would recommend those too. I don't know how they're affiliated to the brewery, if at all, but they always have their beer on the bus.

The missus and I took the Yuengling tour last Saturday and since there was no production running they gave us some extra free samples at the end of the tour. The tour is a great way to start a Saturday afternoon, and it's free.

Even though we have out monthly "Department Meeting" at Cigar City we've never taken the brewery tour. They're a great bunch of guys & gals who seem to really enjoy what they're doing.

We've taken the Brew Bus from Cigar City to some of the local beer festivals and would recommend those too. I don't know how they're affiliated to the brewery, if at all, but they always have their beer on the bus.

The missus and I took the Yuengling tour last Saturday and since there was no production running they gave us some extra free samples at the end of the tour. The tour is a great way to start a Saturday afternoon, and it's free.

Good info, I thought the Yuengling tour was during the week only... Ya take the tour, for the $5 you get the tour, a glass, and a beer of your choice. Also any home brewer will enjoy the tour... Cheers

Love CCB, will be over there next weekend. Been there quite a few times, we make a weekend out of it!

I remember back when there was a bar area instead of barrels in front of that bathroom. Pretty awkward place for a bathroom now. They have really grown massively in the few years they've been going for.

Just went there today. The picture I took were about the same as OP, so I won't bother uploading. Bob is pretty funny. They didn't have 1/4 as many barrels left today. Almost all of it was gone.

If you go definitely get your beer before the tour. If you have an empty glass towards the end Bob may just give you a sample from the bottles in the walk in cooler. :mug:

Cheers! Glad you enjoyed the CCB tour!!! What, no pics of me? When in Tampa stop by the brewery and let me know you are with HomeBrewTalk.Com and I'll see if I can find an extra pour!

BobLorber said:
Cheers! Glad you enjoyed the CCB tour!!! What, no pics of me? When in Tampa stop by the brewery and let me know you are with HomeBrewTalk.Com and I'll see if I can find an extra pour!

image-1642439519.jpg

I believe this is the same Bob's armpit. Funny guy, great tour, amazing brews. I did manage to get 2 pours of a India Pale Lager pilot batch from him. Oh, I also got this-

image-2444020298.jpg

If you are ever in the central Florida area, make sure you stop in.

I've done the tour twice now, both pre and post expansion. It will likely be a staple event every time I go to Tampa, from now on. I forget who my tour guide was for the second time around, but he kicked ass. He even gave us handfuls of the grain they use to eat/taste. If anyone sees this guy, ask him to do your tour:

IMG_1799-S.jpg

The pinball machine in the new bar area is pretty rad, too.

IMG_1780-M.jpg

I've done the tour twice now, both pre and post expansion. It will likely be a staple event every time I go to Tampa, from now on. I forget who my tour guide was for the second time around, but he kicked ass. He even gave us handfuls of the grain they use to eat/taste. If anyone sees this guy, ask him to do your tour:

IMG_1799-S.jpg

The pinball machine in the new bar area is pretty rad, too.

IMG_1780-M.jpg

that's Steve

Did this tour back in May and it was awesome. Anyone who has the chance must go. We got to try the horchata straight out of the ferm tank. Really cool brewery, really cool people.

VSGLS1 said:
I'll be over there this weekend and prob take the Sunday tour.

Make sure to try the Horchata, if they still have any left, it's awesome

Latest posts

Back