good idea bad idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dingu5

Reaction score
I had a 3.5# can of hopped muntons which was part of a kit to make six us gallons. All i got was this can and yeast so has an experiment i brewed it in a 4liter carboy added one gal boil for 35-40 mins then cooled it to 62 degrees pitched and added my blow off. 2 hours later gas was forming and bubbling off.
I was wondering if i would get a beer worth drinking from this if i do it right.

I had a 3.5# can of hopped muntons which was part of a kit to make six us gallons. All i got was this can and yeast so has an experiment i brewed it in a 4liter carboy added one gal boil for 35-40 mins then cooled it to 62 degrees pitched and added my blow off. 2 hours later gas was forming and bubbling off.
I was wondering if i would get a beer worth drinking from this if i do it right.

????????? you put 3.5 lbs of extract in a 1.05 gallon carboy? thats a 12% beer if it fully ferments which if you used muntons yeast wont happen. it is probably going to be cloyingly sweet

i was think about repitching it anyway so diluted down the hydro reading were 1041 @ 70f; 6% alc. that was 1/3 cup to 1 1/2 pints spring water

Back