My two [well hung] mash paddles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golddiggie

Reaction score
Just got around to hanging up my mash paddles in a way that I'll be proud to display them. Used a piece of black walnut I've had for many years. I just sanded it slightly and then secured it to the wall (used three brass screws :eek:). Used two brass 'L' hooks on each paddle to hold them in place. I'm thinking about oiling the walnut, to make it darker, but I might just leave it as it is.

Pics:
two_paddles1_2-57105.jpg

two_paddles_tops1_1-57107.jpg

two_paddles_tops2_2-57108.jpg

BTW, both paddles made by Wildvine, down in Old Town Spring, Texas... PM me if you want her contact info. :fro:

BTW, the one on the left is 4' long. :D

Those paddles are very cool. If Gandalf was a home brewer (which I'm sure he was) those are the mash paddles he would have used.

Dang. Did I just out myself as a nerd?

Seems like it... :eek:

They're hanging right next to the pantry door in my dining room. :rockin: Brewing eye-candy that will be seen by many. On the other side of that door is a small shelving unit (dark wood finish) that also has many of my beer glasses. Most are pint's, but I also have a decent selection of 22oz and 23oz glasses. :rockin:

Of course, I had to crop one of the handle shots (with the Green Man showing) and make it my avatar... :ban:

Thanks... I've been wanting to properly display them since each arrived. Finally, I'm in a place where I can do so. The piece of black walnut they're hanging from is probably about 18-20 years old (that's how long I've had it).

The person that carved them (Annamaria from WildVine in Texas) is an artist. IMO, the paddles are well worth what she charges for them. I'm actually planning on getting at least three more (as I'm able) to fully use the mounting board. I can hardly wait to increase my batch size so that the larger paddle gets use. It's a bit too big to fit into my keg mash tun.

Back