Read this before you buy from Kegkits.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He continues to advertise "new" products, one of which is a square sided lid O ring for corny's designed to help with less than perfect sealing kegs.

Anyways, I talked to the owner, and he told me he was really busy and he never ripped anyone off. He felt bad about the negative press. .

He is a liar then. It's one thing to have a few dissatisfied customers, totally another to have a 24 page thread dedicated to you. And not once has Tom had the BALLS to come here and defend himself or apologize. He has tried it a couple of times through other people, but can't man up and admit that his business sucks and people have lost money to him.

DO NOT ORDER FROM KEGKITS.

He is a liar then. It's one thing to have a few dissatisfied customers, totally another to have a 24 page thread dedicated to you. And not once has Tom had the BALLS to come here and defend himself or apologize. He has tried it a couple of times through other people, but can't man up and admit that his business sucks and people have lost money to him.

DO NOT ORDER FROM KEGKITS.

I agree. We don't make this stuff up. Search for places like KegConnection.com, BrewmastersWarehouse.com, AustinHomebrewSupply.com. All of these business have pages of threads dedicated to how great their customer service is, how fast the shipping was and how they can't wait to do business again.

Well Since Filling with The BBB back around 10 MONTHS AGO...they just sent me an update (actually my case was closed with a no response from Tom)...appearantly he is blaming his problems on June and July months...but they have been goin on longer that that Mr Hargrave....Oh the Lies...here take a looksee

Our records show that you filed a complaint through the Better Business Bureau of North Alabama this year regarding an order from www.kegkits.com (also known as Tom Hargrave Sales) Unfortunately at the time we attempted to assist you, we did not receive a response back from the company regarding your complaint. The good news is that since that time we have heard from the business with an explanation as to why we received a number of complaints stating that the company had not fulfilled the order, which I've listed below:

What happened:

We started getting seriously behind with shipments by mid-June and were pushed over the edge in July. This created a rash of chargeback’s, then we started getting BBB complaints. Our issue has been simple, we have been trying to do too much with too little then we launched a new product – our new stir plates. And being an Engineer & not a CPA, I did not understand what impact this would already have on our already tight cash flow. The chargeback’s only made the situation worse and honestly, if I weren’t a consultant with a second income, we would not be having this conversation. I would be out of business.

Over 90% of the customers who have issued complaints have received their product, but they received the product late. Also, most who filed a claim with the BBB also filed chargeback’s to the sum of over 10K. Those who had not shipped yet when the chargeback’s were filed were used a full refund.

As you can see above, Mr. Hargrave has indicated to the BBB that he is catching up on orders and cancellations and that most people who had previously filed a complaint with our office should now either have their product or their refund...unless you had already chosen to dispute the fees with your credit card company and in that case he says you would likely have a credit to your credit card that your bank was able to secure for you.
Prior to Mr. Hargrave's response, we did hear back from approximately 10 customers (out of approximately 40 complaints) who have verified that they received their product or refund after we had already attempted to contact the company on their behalf. We are hopeful that the same has taken place with your order.

They have quite a bit of bad press out on the net. I am quite surprised that people don't research a little about the company they are buying from.

Stir plates? What a f-ing liar...

He'll keep getting business though, he's often listed at the top of google searches when looking for homebrew keg equipment.

Wow, and they still haven't shut him down... 10 out of 40.... I guess 25% is good enough huh?

Does the BBB have any kind of real power? I thought they only served as a consumer advocacy group.

I did find that story kind of frustrating though as I was thinking the same thing. 10 out of 40 as satisfactory results?!? I'm reading that and thinking 40 complaints should have this guy up on criminal fraud charges.

Seriously, this guy is making money by taking orders and hoping that you don't get a forced refund from your cc. That is consumer fraud by even the most lenient definition.

And in at least 1.5 years (based on the start of this thread) he is succeeding in perpetuating the fraud onto new dupees all the time.

It is time this was taken to the state's Attorney General office. They are charged with prosecuting fraud of this nature.

I meant "they" as everyone in general. They are only an advocacy group, but they do have power of persuasion if the state bothered to listen to their recommendations based on complaints. I have a feeling it will take the state getting pissed that it keeps coming up to do anything about him. He will probably just do enough to keep them off his back, and as for the BBB... he obviously doesn't care what they think. They have no teeth unless the state asks them, or if individuals ask them before buying from this guy. That is all they can do. I have a feeling this forum is doing him a great bit of damage, and it will only be a matter of time before his business becomes a coslty burden. Having 10K removed from your account swamps a lot of smaller businesses. His new product focus is something we happily show how to make here for almost free. Stir plates anyone?

Anyone that has a complaint against this fraudster should file a complaint at both:
Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)
www.ic3.gov

and

Alabama State Attorney General http://www.ago.state.al.us

The more people that complain, the more likely something will be done to stop him. Also, be sure to file complaints with your own State AG office as well.

I ordered from keg kits and have had similar problems but to top it off my credit card info was stolen when I ordered from there and another place online. I am not saying it was keg kits but it left a bad taste and I WILL NOT order from there again.

Count me as another casualty of kegkits.com - $100 order placed in Aug 2009 still not fulfilled. No refund, no answers to e-mails, no answer to phone calls, never picks up.

Are there any lawyers here that would be interested in setting up a class action suit or something? I'm sure it would be no problem finding enough people that have been robbed. This is insane that he continues to operate unhindered.

[Mod Edit: bradsul: threads merged]
Does KegKits.com exist or have I become yet another victim of an internet scam? I placed an order with them a little over 3 weeks ago. After 2 weeks went by I started follow up since I didn't hear anything from them about the order status. The purchase was for a CO2 regulator. I've since sent several e-mails but there has been no response. Messages left at the phone number on the site have not been returned. Even when I tried the "Emergency" phone number on the 800 number message I just got a recording that the mail box was full and I couldn't leave a message.

I'd feel hell if I find out I sent my money to some Rwandan terrorist group. I could kick myself for not calling first to see if there was a actual person there to answer the phone before I placed the order. I did call the Huntsville Police. They did a visit to check it out. The address exists and there are boxes in the window but no-one there seemed to know much of the operation to determine if it was just a front.

It was just $54.20 so losing the money it not going to kill me. Or is it if it ended up in the wrong hands.

Yah, probably not the best choice. Good luck.

I mind enough to have filed a complaint with the Huntsville Police. It's just a mater of follow up on my part and time on Tom Hargrave's part before this civil matter becomes a criminal matter. Although it is no more then a misdemeanor it changes the deal from a pain in my ass to a pain in his wallet. A civil matter cost me a whole lot more then $50.20 to pursue, a misdemeanor costs me nothing.

Reading through these posts gives me a much clearer picture of what has happened here. What I would like more then my $50.20 is the regulator I ordered.

[Mod Edit: threads merged]
I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND AGAINST EVER PURCHASING ANYTHING FROM KEGKITS.COM (TOM HARGRAVES) ONLINE. THE CLAIM THAT ITEMS SHIP WITHIN THREE DAYS OF THE ORDER IS FALSE AND THE FACT THAT YOUR CARD IS CHARGED AND YOU DO NOT RECIEVE YOUR ITEMS IN THE TIME FRAME THAT IS LISTED IS FRAUD!!

The fact that KEGKITS.COM (TOM HARGRAVES) does not even have the decency to return any emails the business phone number is obviously a cell phone that does not even accept phone calls or messages leads me to believe you are some sort of backyard/garage operation, if you do not have time to respond to your customers then what are you even doing in business?

I was on a very tight time line with respect to setting up the equipment which I had ordered from KEGKITS.COM in order to operate my business and do not appreciate the obvious lack of care with respect to KEGKITS.COM ( TOM HARGRAVES) customer service or the products that it represents!

What KEGKITS.COM (TOM HARGRAVES) is doing is considered felony internet fraud by charging people for product and not providing the end person with the product they have paid for.

I have made multiple attempts to contact KEGKITS.COM (TOM HARGRAVES) and have not heard anything back from them.

I will assume after looking online that I am not the only person with this issue and that they are not going to ship the product so I will be forced to file a complaint with the FBI Internet Fraud Investigation Unit as well as the Better Business Bureau.

Thank you KEGKITS.COM (TOM HARGRAVES) for running an inefficient non-customer oriented business and causing my business to suffer because of it!!!

Do a search on this site and you will realize that what you just posted have been posted before. There are warnings out against him. File a complaint with your credit card company.

This is the first bad experience i have ever had with an online vendor. I ordered a regulator/tap kit two Mondays ago, expecting it to be on my door the by Friday. After placing the order, my credit card was charged and i received an email saying something along the lines of "while we attempt to fill most orders in 3 days, most orders are currently filled within two weeks. Needless to say i am not happy about this. After reading what other people have to say, it does not look likely i will be getting my stuff anytime soon. The thing is, i would not be at all upset if i was told upfront before placing my order that there would be a delay. Charging peoples cards and not shipping for at least 2+ weeks is deceptive.

I have worked for a distribution business before. 99% of the time we shipped orders in the same half of they day that they were placed. If we didn't have something in stock and there was a long lead time, we let the customers know before placing their order. Sounds like this guy needs to invest in some inventory or at least be truthful about how long things will take.

Lets say this guy is running this business out of his home after work. Well, most of the time when i buy something from a private seller off ebay, they ship things within 2 days at the most.

If i am unable to contact Tom and or he is unable to ship my order by Wednesday i'm going to initiate a chargeback and take my money somewhere else, even if that means paying more. I would advise other people not repeat my mistake. With i had found HBT earlier.

This is the first bad experience i have ever had with an online vendor. I ordered a regulator/tap kit two Mondays ago, expecting it to be on my door the by Friday. After placing the order, my credit card was charged and i received an email saying something along the lines of "while we attempt to fill most orders in 3 days, most orders are currently filled within two weeks. Needless to say i am not happy about this. After reading what other people have to say, it does not look likely i will be getting my stuff anytime soon. The thing is, i would not be at all upset if i was told upfront before placing my order that there would be a delay. Charging peoples cards and not shipping for at least 2+ weeks is deceptive.

Make a complaint to your credit card company for the 'pre-charge' on your card. It is against policy of all major credit cards for vendors to charge you for backordered items without your consent. This seems to be a way for KegKits to not have to carry inventory (i.e. let the customers pay the cost of ordering inventory), and the credit card company is likely to come down hard on Tom. If enough people were to complain to their credit card company, he would be forced to change his business practice or likely lose the ability to accept purchases by credit card (effectively shutting down his business).

What's to stop anyone from ordering and then complaining directly to the credit card company about the vendor?

You know how he's going to go about the order anyway...

Phuck mother phucker!! i orderd some msc orings and faucet caps and post caps a week ago. no word. am i screwed? i sent an email today to find out what the hell is going on. maybe i should cancel payment?

Definately cancel your payment. He is a SCAMMER!

3 weeks. Still no shipment or answer to phone calls and emails. I've talked to my (sarcasm) "wonderful" bank but i doubt they will complete the chargeback in any timely manner. The only thing they can guarantee me is that "the issue can take up to 60 days to resolve". ::MAD::

The funny thing I've noticed lately, after reading all of these threads calling him out as a scammer, is that his ebay record is rated "100% satisfaction."

EDIT HUGE EDIT!!!!! I was mistaking KegWorks for KegKits! D'oh! I have actually been NOT ordering from Kegworks thinking it was this a-hole.

Hmm,
1000 people sending 10 emails and 10 voice messages,thats 10000 of each. Wonder how long it takes to answer all that?I can see how a thread like this can overwhelm someones resources that they could put to better use.Just in fairness. Maybe one day he will overcome these obstacles and make all right.I hope so for his sake.
Interesting thing I observes is how many links to his site there is in this thread. Only helps his google ranking when someone clicks it.I would think it best to not post a direct link there.
Maybe someone could offer to buy his backlog of orders and hit the jackpot! I didn't see any unique items there,someone could profit from his loss.

Hmm,
1000 people sending 10 emails and 10 voice messages,thats 10000 of each. Wonder how long it takes to answer all that?I can see how a thread like this can overwhelm someones resources that they could put to better use.

Then he should stop tacking orders. He should not take people's money without a timely turnaround on the product. Period. No excuses.

Hmm,
1000 people sending 10 emails and 10 voice messages,thats 10000 of each. Wonder how long it takes to answer all that?I can see how a thread like this can overwhelm someones resources that they could put to better use.Just in fairness. Maybe one day he will overcome these obstacles and make all right.I hope so for his sake.
Interesting thing I observes is how many links to his site there is in this thread. Only helps his google ranking when someone clicks it.I would think it best to not post a direct link there.
Maybe someone could offer to buy his backlog of orders and hit the jackpot! I didn't see any unique items there,someone could profit from his loss.

He was saying his business was thriving because of this thread. Indeed his google ranking went way up. The dude is obviously a moron, he should close up shop to get all the back orders fixed. If you pay with credit card, just get your money back, and order stuff from somewhere else.

[Mod Edit: threads merged]
I'm New To This Hobby, Got One Batch Of Extract Brown Ale Under My Belt And Was Pleased With The Results. Looking Forward To New Batches. My Problem Lies With The Kegkits.com Website. I'm Pretty Sure I've Just Been Ripped Off By This Guy And Was Curious If It Has Happened To Anyone Else Out There In Homebrewland. Drop A Thread If You Care To. I'd Love To Hear About It. Thanks People!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back