So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoping to get my first brew (or two) in after nearly a year out of the game! APA and possibly an American Wheat for SWMBO...

I'm gonna take a stab at a Czech Pilsner this weekend.

A bunch of Pils malt, some Vienna for a little maltiness, a lot of Saaz and Wyeast Urquell Lager 2001.

:rockin:

I plan to brew something on Saturday, either buckwheat Alt or some unstyled light hybrid (grains for Dortmunder + California Lager yeasts). What exactly depends on which yeasts will propagate enough to be used tomorrow - this morning i made starters of WY1007 German Ale and WY2112 California Lager.

My wife is going with a friend to the Notre Dame - Michigan game tomorrow in South Bend. So I will have the day to myself and I intend to use it for brewing :ban:. 16 gallons of Red Bank Ale (my house amber) and 12 gallons of Jamil's Black Widow Porter.

Hopefully gonna keg 10g on Saturday and then brew 5g of Pol's Holiday Spiced Ale on Sunday. We'll see what I get done though with all of the big games on Saturday!

My wife is going with a friend to the Notre Dame - Michigan game tomorrow in South Bend. So I will have the day to myself and I intend to use it for brewing :ban:. 16 gallons of Red Bank Ale (my house amber) and 12 gallons of Jamil's Black Widow Porter.

go irish!! hahaha have a good brew day!

Assuming I get my starter to crash cool so I can step it up tonight, I'll be brewing 10 gallons of an Alpha King Ale type clone tomorrow! Come on yeasties, flocculate!

Doing my first AG (Deathbrewer's Stovetop Method) this weekend. Brewing up Biermuncher's Oktoberfast Ale! Woot!

I just put in the fermenter a 6-gallon batch of a kit beer called Oktober Fest. I added an extra pound of light DME to offset the extra gallon of water. S.G. corrected came out to 1.040 which I figure should be about 5.5% alky by volume. I suspect my local homebrew store or another customer may have substituted the yeast (I got Coopers). It was an opened box, but then I've opened one or two myself when looking at the kits.

It was a request for a wedding (my daughters) from my perspective in-laws. I hope it all goes well.

:mug:

I brewed 11gal of Edwort's Ofest today. Ended up with a little over 11gal and overshot my OG (ended up at 1.074), so it looks like this one should come in close to 8% ABV. Overall a good brew day and I also cleaned up the garage (so SWMBO couldn't complain about how long it took to brew :) ).

I just made a yeast harvesting wort for Pacman Yeast in a bottle of Northwestern Ale. I was a little worried that I didn't see much sediment in the bottle, though. Hopefully they didn't filter it or anything like that.
If and when that finishes fermenting I'll make a starter batch of Ordinary Bitter in a one gallon jug. I figure that, if I'm making a starter wort, I might as well brew up a six pack anyway.

tomorrow ill be breaking out the turkey fryer and brew up 5 gallons of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, i just discovered this beer 2 weeks ago and knew immediately id end up brewing it.

tomorrow ill be breaking out the turkey fryer and brew up 5 gallons of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, i just discovered this beer 2 weeks ago and knew immediately id end up brewing it.

Wow, your first Sierra Nevada? That's awesome. I feel jaded more and more these days because I get fewer amazing new beers like that.

As for brewing, I have a kolsch in a fermenter from 2 weeks ago, I brewed 10 gallons of IPA on Wednesday and 10 gallons of brown yesterday. Now I'm out of room for cold storage. I need more!

I was hoping to do an IIPA tomorrow, as well as bottle a Vanilla Stout. But then I had to go to the ER this afternoon and now my left arm is useless. So those plans are screwed.....Dammit.

I believe SNPA was the first beer I had that made me realize there was beer beyond Bud. My first homebrew was a SNPA clone and it turned out great. Good luck with it!

Actually brewing tomorrow, but if milling my grains counts, I'm doing a batch of Black Pearl Porter.

I brewed an AG Pumpkin porter yesterday that went to primary smelling and tasting excellent.
Pitched on a qt. of yeast slurry (wlp013) from my Old Peculier clone.
Chugging away @ 67 degrees.:D
Bull

I did two batches yesterday in six hours. One all-grain and the other extract with specialty grains. I'm pretty proud of myself. I think I'm getting the hang of this thing.

Bottling 6 gallons of Tampa Red and brewing 6 gallons hefe and 6 gallons of mild. Long day in the garage. :}

I brewed a batch of Pale Ale one thursday. I wanted to see how good of a beer I could make with as little money as possible. I think the entire cost of the 5 gallon batch was about $14! I'm excited to see if it turns out okay. Then yesterday I brewed a pumpkin ale. I've recently moved to new england from florida, so I thought I'd do this one in celebration of actually having fall!

American Amber from "Brewing Classic Styles" (all grain). Last weekend (Extra Special Bitter) was my first brew day in 10 months. It's good to be back...

Back