Baconfest, Easton, PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolsom

Reaction score
This weekend was the Easton PA Baconfest.
The week before the fest I read on the website that they were going to have a homebrew competition for homebrewed bacon beer. I had not seen any notice of this prior.
I had read the entry application and they were only going to accept ten applicants.
I really anticipated this competition, being fairly new to home brewing and wanting to get a taste of other homebrews, as well as bringing more attention to home brewing. I saw that there was a fair amount of people that had purchased advanced tickets for this competition.

There wound up being only 2 entrants, a maple bacon milk stout and a bacon porter.

I was vocal to the organizers about my interest in the continuation of this competition, and the lack of advance notice/advertising of this event, suggesting a post on this forum (by name) next year for this event.

I'm an extract brewer and am going to work this next year to achieve a competition worthy bacon beer, hoping that this year did not kill an interest in keeping this competition alive to expand the introduction and education of the homebrew community.

Here is the webpage for the Baconfest:
http://pabaconfest.com/

Hoping we can keep this exposure to our community alive.

(copied from general discussion)

Back