E/SE Nebraska Area Group Buy 08/2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please excuse my ignorance, but are both of the Briess White wheat and red wheat grains malted? I am assuming yes, but I wanted to make sure. Also I am looking at making a wheat beer with 50% MO and 50% wheat malt, is there any real difference between red and white? My research tells me not really.

Please excuse my ignorance, but are both of the Briess White wheat and red wheat grains malted? I am assuming yes, but I wanted to make sure. Also I am looking at making a wheat beer with 50% MO and 50% wheat malt, is there any real difference between red and white? My research tells me not really.

I'm not sure on the malted. I've only ever made wheat beers with some base malt included, so there's going to be full conversion that way. I always assumed that the red wheat had a slightly darker color/different hue...

anyone else have better answers than me?

We're sitting at 47 full bags right now, thanks to the custom reporting trickydq has created for me on the site. A full pallet is generally 40-42 bags, so we definitely have a ways to go, but I'm confident we can get there.

I'm not sure on the malted. I've only ever made wheat beers with some base malt included, so there's going to be full conversion that way. I always assumed that the red wheat had a slightly darker color/different hue...

anyone else have better answers than me?

So if I am doing a 50/50 split with base grains it will convert for me anyway? I have only made all grain batches that are basically smash or very little other grains besides base. Thanks for your help!:mug:

So if I am doing a 50/50 split with base grains it will convert for me anyway? I have only made all grain batches that are basically smash or very little other grains besides base. Thanks for your help!:mug:

Absolutely you'll get full conversion. Base malt has tons of enzymes, so you don't need to worry about it. Some guys use a 6-row with super high percentages of non-fermentables, but 50/50 should be fine. I have made those and always hit my gravity.

damn, i almost thought I missed this! I will create an account and get my order placed. I'm sure I'll be in for at least 3-4 bags... I might need to wait a few more days though for payday. ;)

I finally remembered to register tonight. If anyone wants to split a bag of Crystal 10 or 20, Munich 10, or Carapils I would be game. I just dont have the funds, or space, for that many full bags.

Let me know.

I finally remembered to register tonight. If anyone wants to split a bag of Crystal 10 or 20, Munich 10, or Carapils I would be game. I just dont have the funds, or space, for that many full bags.

Let me know.

I got your munich, and split the order on the website. I assumed your email was astove97 so if not let me know so I can change. You should see your split on your order page. Thanks!

Not sure if anyone has any interest, but I would be all over a split of crystal 60. Also, I would like a split of Red wheat. Both I use regularly, just not in quantity obviously... Let me know!

Thanks

After staring at my computer all day, I must have lost my mind. Where do you see the list of stuff you can order and the prices?

Not sure if anyone has any interest, but I would be all over a split of crystal 60. Also, I would like a split of Red wheat. Both I use regularly, just not in quantity obviously... Let me know!

Thanks

I would split the 60 with you. I still have a bunch of white wheat left over from the last buy.

I emailed everyone, but wanted to update here:

Buy is running through the end of the month for 2 reasons:

1. Pay periods (several people had mentioned needing to wait)
2. Filling up the second pallet to keep shipping costs low.

If anyone can't wait until the first week in September, now's the time to back out so we don't have surprises later, please. Thanks for your understanding.

Tre9er,

On the PayPal thing, are you just having people use the send money feature or do you have an Express Checkout (EC) integration setup? EC allows for Bill Me Later as a funding source so you can finance anything over $100.

Yes I do work for PayPal and this is not a sales pitch. Just don't want to fork over $600 all at once.

Tre9er,

On the PayPal thing, are you just having people use the send money feature or do you have an Express Checkout (EC) integration setup? EC allows for Bill Me Later as a funding source so you can finance anything over $100.

Yes I do work for PayPal and this is not a sales pitch. Just don't want to fork over $600 all at once.

The vendor accepts paypal as a payment method, so I'm guessing it has EC integration and what not. I'm not smart enough to fully answer that question, though.

Tre9er,

What I meant by my previous reply is that when you check out there is an option to use paypal. It's not going to be a paypal invoice that I know of.

Are you saying that if someone sends you a paypal invoice that you can't use BillMeLater? I've not used that feature before, so I'm ignorant to it.

I'm in for at least 5 bags... never been in on an Omaha group buy before. Where is the typical pickup location/when?

Awesome! Count me in, thanks. I'm [email protected].

What's the best practice for splitting anyone? Do you just buy the biggest ziplocks you can find? Thanks.

:rockin:

I buy the 2 or 2.5g ziploc freezer bags. If I recall, they will hold up to 13.5lbs. of grain, but 10 fits comfortably.

On this subject, I'd like to request that anyone splitting bags handles the physical splitting of said bags on their own. There is a ton going on during pickup day, and it just adds to my stress to have to weigh grain and split bags...plus, I don't have too many ziplocs at the moment.

If you're attached to your own scale, feel free to bring it (and your own bags, please). I can bring mine, too. We'd want to have the full bag placed with one of your orders so we can check it off, then you're free to split it once you "take delivery".

Thanks in advance!

I got registered and added my order (I think). I can't seem to check it anywhere, does that mean it didn't get added? It was 2 bags of 2-row and a bag of malted wheat.

Thanks!

distributistdad said:
I got registered and added my order (I think). I can't seem to check it anywhere, does that mean it didn't get added? It was 2 bags of 2-row and a bag of malted wheat.

Thanks!

Should be able to see it if you go under "update order".

Latest posts

Back