Batch ruined?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eman79er

Reaction score
I've got a party coming up, that I always brew a number of pumpkin themed beers for. Boiled, pitched, and left them alone for a few days once I confirmed that they had started fermenting. One of the fermentations must have been super vigorous. Krausen went all the way to the top, clogged my airlock and blew the stopper out... Which I just noticed today. It probably blew off 3-4 days ago. Damn. It's an expensive, and time consuming batch. Anybody have this happen before? What are the odds that it is completely ruined? I don't really have the time to wait and see, but I'd rather not have to make a second batch of it when I have limited time and resources and still have oth brews to complete. Seems as if Mr. Murphy has been visiting my "brewery" a bit too often lately.

Sweet. Glad to hear. I was hoping that between the krausen and co2 being heavier than "air" that it would minimize the introduction of oxygen and be somewhat of a protective layer.

Back