Help me build my kegerator! (Please)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbsengineer

Reaction score
Just bought a used 20 cubic foot Kenmore top freezer fridge. It's going in the garage and will be my kegerator. I would like to outfit it with equipment and taps in the next week or two.

I was going to just pull the trigger on this kit (plus a 10lb tank):

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/kits/2psck-nt.shtml

However, I wanted to check with everyone here first that I'm not missing anything. I'm going to start with just some craft brew kegs from a the local keg store. As I get better with my homebrewing I'll start kegging it and will just need to change out the keg adapter correct? But I don't expect that will be for at least another 6 months.

Few questions:

1) Any negatives with the setup above (aside the cost)?
2) Should I leave room for more taps?
3) I read something about short hose problems with foam. Should I get longer hoses?
4) Do I care about different pressures?

Any other advice, tips, etc are more than welcome.

1. no, except for the cost
2. of course!
3. Yes!
4. Depends on what you are serving. Also if youstart keggin your homebrew you will most likely be force carbonating, in that case, YES, you will need to worry about different pressures.

How long should the hoses be? These are the beer hoses right?

What equipment would I need to seperate pressures?

you would need an inline regulator

3-5 feet of hose will be plenty, personally I use about 2.5 feet, sometimes I get foamy beer but it dosent bother me.

The kit comes with 5' lines, so that's good.

Looks like I can easily do the independent regulators afterward.

So those regulators are in addition to your tank regulator?

Thanks for your help!

My kit should arrive this week and I plan to install it asap. Looks like the cleaning bottle was back ordered. Do you need to clean the lines before using it for the first time?

Back