modelo negra and cow toungue taco

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loganb

Reaction score
or any other Mexican beer. the cow toungue taste like the most delicious, moistest roast beef ever. i get it at a local Mexican resturant here in Texas right outside post. and it is easy to make at home if you want. the toungue does look pretty nasty before you cook it though but taste really good.
Ingredients
1 beef tongue 1/2 white onion, sliced 5 cloves garlic, crushed 1 bay leaf salt to taste 3 tablespoons vegetable oil 5 Roma tomatoes 5 serrano peppers salt to taste 1/2 onion, diced 2 (10 ounce) packages corn tortillas

Directions
Place the beef tongue in a slow cooker and cover with water. Add the onion slices, garlic, and bay leaf. Season with salt. Cover and cook on Low overnight or 8 hours. Remove the tongue and shred the meat into strands.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the tomatoes and peppers in the hot oil until softened on all sides. Remove the tomatoes and peppers in a blender, keeping the oil on the heat; season with salt. Blend briefly until still slightly chunky. Cook the diced onion in the skillet until translucent; stir in the tomato mixture. Cook another 5 to 6 minutes. Build the tacos by placing shredded tongue meat into a tortilla and spooning salsa over the meat.

Lingua tacos are very popular on the catering trucks(roach coaches) on job sites around here. That is, until SOMEONE:)D) tells people what they are.
I love 'em, though !

In tacos, I've had boiled tongue, and I've had deep fried tongue. The boiled I could barely choke down- the texture was too weird. The deep fried was just awesome (and from a taco trailer as well). Mmm...

Back