Greetings from Traverse City, MI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCJosh

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I've been lurking around here for a while now. Just getting back into brewing after a few years away. Last time was more of a college "cool" thing to do. Now I'm studying it a little more and learning to do it without the assistance of a kit. I just had my first bottle of the IPA I made in early January and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I'm glad I found this community, it's already helped me immensly with becoming a more informed home brewer. I'm looking forward to learning a lot more! :mug:

welcome to the site! and welcome back to the obsession

I have been thinking of heading your way for the cherry festival this year (of course get some cherries to make wine and mead with)

Howdy, I'm going to TC on Friday (tomorrow) to help a friend check out some guitars and also to hit Right Brain to see how their beers are and to pick up a sack of Grain and maybe some hops. The guy there was kind enough to offer the grain to me because other supply shops in the area don't offer bulk. Perhaps he will be willing to open up some of his ingredients on a regular basis!

Also can't wait to get some cherries this year for a couple of cherry beers I am thinking about. Someone mentioned a Cherry Wit and I'm trying to decide how that could taste.

Welcome! TC is a great place, I grew up there and just had to say hi. Do take advantage of the cherries - I only realized what an advantage that is after leaving the area.

Thanks fellas! Traverse City is great! We moved here from Grand Rapids about a year ago and I had to leave behind Founders...my second home. I've been trying to find a stand in since I've been here, Right Brain isn't too bad, and they seem like coold guys running it. Short's in Bellaire is the best I've found up here. Too bad it's a bit of a drive from my house.

I'm trying to put together a good cherry beer for the friends that come visit this summer. Time to take advantage of living in the cherry capital!

Hi there. I grew up in Boyne City. I have a bunch of cousins in Elk Rapids, and they all have cherry orchards:mug:

Welcome, fellow Michibrewer. One of my favorite places is North Peak Brewery in TC. One of the managers there gave my daughter and me the nickel tour of the brewing facility a few years back.

Welcome Back! I was up in TC a few years back for some work, the timing was perfect right at cherrie harvest I bought a flat to bring home but they never made it.There is a trail of pits from TC all the way to ATL.

Hi, TC is a beautiful place. I go up there every summer for about a month to visit my in-laws.

Back