mountain dew wine!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edues

Reaction score
About 4 mo ago I wanted to see if I could ferment mountain dew(Baja blast) with all the weird chemicels in the soda suprizenly it worked. Going to bottle and tast later this week.

With all the stabilizers in commercial soda (especially that stuff), I'm surprised it worked. Then again, Skeeter Pee works, so you never know. Also, with all the stuff that's in there, an astronomical amount of sugar is needed to make it even palatable. Remove that by fermenting it, and I have a feeling that the result will not be pleasant.

But maybe I'm wrong. Either way, I'm curious to find out. Let us know.

With all the stabilizers in commercial soda (especially that stuff), I'm surprised it worked. Then again, Skeeter Pee works, so you never know. Also, with all the stuff that's in there, an astronomical amount of sugar is needed to make it even palatable. Remove that by fermenting it, and I have a feeling that the result will not be pleasant.

But maybe I'm wrong. Either way, I'm curious to find out. Let us know.

trollsinternet1.jpg

I read that the lavin 1118 will ferment anything so that's what I used. That took a while to start an it was a slow ferment. But it ate threw it. I treated it like a typical wine actually had to add a good deal of sugar to it to get it to a good SG. Ive added a lot less to grape juice for wine.

Baja blast wine 9mo. Old now. Tried it last night. Taste like flat soda with vodka.

IMG_20150828_213230534.jpg

IMG_20150828_215422518.jpg

Back