Older 5 Gal. Keg - Can't Find Parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hogsprings

Reaction score
My neighbor found this keg at a yard sale and picked it up for me. It looks solid and useable, but older. The gaskets are shot. My LHBS was able to help with replacing the o-rings on the pin lock connectors, but had no idea about finding a replacement gasket for the lid. I called Pepsi and they didn't want to talk to me. Any ideas out there?

Engraved on the side of the keg is:
Carbonic Dispenser
Canfield, Ohio
Pat. 3042246 3083875
Other Parts Pend.
Transfer Tank

Pics attached to try to show detail. The lid closes with a 1/4 turn.

Thanks for any ideas you have.

IMG_20110518_125029.jpg

IMG_20110518_125217.jpg

IMG_20110518_125352.jpg

IMG_20110518_125442.jpg

http://sentrybevcon.com/
There you go

Amazing what google knows :p

Don't think you'll have much luck with a replacement gasket from 1954 though :eek:

Thanks for the lead. I emailed the company, but not holding my breath. They don't appear to even sell kegs anymore.

Maybe a couple of layers of food-grade silicone gasket sheet?

If I can't get a reply from the manufacturerer, there's a restaurant supply store in town that might have something for me.

What are the dimensions on that gasket? I have a similar 3 gallon cornie that I am having the same problem with but it didn't have a gasket at all when I got it

What are the dimensions on that gasket? I have a similar 3 gallon cornie that I am having the same problem with but it didn't have a gasket at all when I got it

4 1/8" OD, 3 3/16" ID, 7/16" High, and the groove is 1/4' deep. Let me know if you need any different measurments, or if you find something. Still no response from the mfr yet.

Just got off the phone with someone from International Carbonic http://www.ici.us/ He said they don't have anything in stock, and that they don't make kegs anymore, but he would try to find someone that could help. I sent him pictures and details. We'll see if it goes anywhere.

Back