How do you control moisture in your keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use damp-rid, often used in closets and such, hardware stores will have it, as well as most big-box stores it seems, check in housewares.

I have two damp rids in mine. Works well, but you have to empty them of the water and add new DampRid.

Two of these Amazon.com: Eva-dry Renewable EDV-300/E-333 Wireless Mini Dehumidifer: Health & Personal Care

Absorbs moisture, then plug it into the wall and it dries out. Reusable. Someone on here showed it to me so whoever that was can take credit. Results so far are meh, but I can live with it.

+1!! I found that these work well. There are many threads on here about this problem. I did a search over the summer and thats how I read about the EV-DRY units. I also read that alot of moister is also do to a keezer not sealing 100%

My freezer was brand new with no collar or any mods and it got moister like crazy. I added the collar and I noticed that that solved ALOT of my problem. Evidently the lid was not sealing 100%.

Long story short, be sure your keezer is sealed and this will help with moister as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two of these Amazon.com: Eva-dry Renewable EDV-300/E-333 Wireless Mini Dehumidifer: Health & Personal Care

Absorbs moisture, then plug it into the wall and it dries out. Reusable. Someone on here showed it to me so whoever that was can take credit. Results so far are meh, but I can live with it.

That's what I use, with them I get no condensation on the inside of the unit at all. If I start to notice some, it's time to plug the units in and dry them out again. They come with hooks, and I just hang them in my keezer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use 'Flower drying art' silica gel crystals in a shallow dish.
The crystals turn from blue to pink when saturated, and then you just put them in the oven for a little while, and reuse them over and over.

1 1/2 pounds (1 can) cost about 8.00

If you are building up moisture, then you definitely don't have a good seal on your freezer. I used weather stripping from home depot and that sealed her up nicely. I also lined the inside of my collar with insulation.

Most of the year it's so damp here there's no point in trying. I have the kegger sitting in a plastic tray and leave the drain open. I mop the tray once a week or so.

Getting a good seal is important, but even my unaltered freezer has to be defrosted every other month.

Back