One-stage fermenter - V Vessel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dblvsn

Reaction score
Was just reading my latest issue of BYO and saw this advertisement for this VVessel contraption. Seems like a fantastic idea for someone with limited space. According to the website it doesn't go on sale till September, but I'm sure curious about what the costs will be and how well it really works. Anyone on this forum think they'd ever use a product like this to be a guinea pig?

It's intruguing, but not big enough for any beer which might produce major krausen. They need to make it in a 7-gal size for a 5 gal boil of a high-gravity beer. I do like the wall mount aspect. I'd also like to see how the valve/parts hold up over time. No, I wouldn't try it unless it was a freebie. I need more data. Yeah, I'm real cutting edge I guess :)

brewitnow said:
It's intruguing, but not big enough for any beer which might produce major krausen. They need to make it in a 7-gal size for a 5 gal boil of a high-gravity beer. :)

I have to disagree.

First it's 5 imperial gal. or 23 Liters which equals just barely over 6 US gal.
Second there's no reason you could not attach a blowoff tube.
And third in either the "Joy of Brewing" or "How to Brew" the author says that having a blowoff actually improves the taste of your beer.

I'm interested in how much they intend to charge. Since they did not quote a price I'd be willing to bet it's too expensive for what you get.

hasent that thing been around forever I saw them in my LHBS (closed now) Well over two years ago and if Im not mistaken it was old then. they didnt look that good to me but I brew 12 gallon batches. it seem to me Ray (old owner of LHBS) was saying it workes really good for smaller batches and really good for catching the yeast to reuse.
Just my .02
JJ

Jaybird said:
hasent that thing been around forever I saw them in my LHBS (closed now) Well over two years ago and if Im not mistaken it was old then. they didnt look that good to me but I brew 12 gallon batches. it seem to me Ray (old owner of LHBS) was saying it workes really good for smaller batches and really good for catching the yeast to reuse.
Just my .02
JJ

Yeah, these have been around for quite a while. I know my LHBS guy has a couple of these in his store. He also mentioned that these were pretty good for plastic fermenters. He sells it for about $150 but 3B has it for about $130 so check there if you're interested. I think there might be a person or two on this board that has one, maybe you can get some feed back.

Brewing Clamper said:
Yeah, these have been around for quite a while. I know my LHBS guy has a couple of these in his store. He also mentioned that these were pretty good for plastic fermenters. He sells it for about $150 but 3B has it for about $130 so check there if you're interested. I think there might be a person or two on this board that has one, maybe you can get some feed back.

So $130 - $150 vs $18.95 for a better bottle. Kind of a no brainer huh.:mug:

Hi Everyone,

Just found this thread and thought we would share some news on what is developing with it..

The FastRack team has taken over the VVessel Product line..

All the details on the new one (that is 7US Gallon/27 litres total capacity) can be found here:

http://www.thefastrack.ca/main/fastferment

The story goes like this..

John the inventor of VVessel contacted us about 6-8 months ago regarding the product and possibly working out some sort of partnership. We did our research on the unit and within a few days had compiled 100s of postings found all over the internet.

Overall, we thought the system had really good potential so yes we formed a partnership with John (he's actually a fellow Canadian and lives about 45 minutes away from us in Toronto, Eh!). We then starting making as many improvements as possible, one of them we decided on a trip to major a partner, Brouwland in Belgium which is the new ThermoWell.

The flat bottom on the collection ball came from someone at the NHC that visited our booth in Michigan. All the improvements we've made are from the communities suggestions and input. Basically, we wanted to make it as awesome as possible at the most affordable price. We think we are on the right track but if anyone has ideas, suggestions, or feedback we are all ears!

Thanks for helping get the word out on the $90 per unit shipping included pre sale happening right now!

Cheers!

Casey
(Red Dragon)

I ordered one, and I can't wait to try it. $90 for essentially a conical fermenter that mounts to wall studs, it seemed like a no brainier to me. I watched the video on their website and was sold on it. I make a lot of Skeeter Pee in the summer and use a brew belt to maintain a high fermentation temp, the brew belt should fit perfectly on it.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back