I Drink 4 Beers A Day, How about you guys?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the rest of your diet look like?

Usually 2 reasons for asking your question:
1) Too much alcohol, bad for liver?
2) Too many calories, getting fat?

I drink about a 6oz glass with dinner maybe two or three pints total on the weekend. Too many calories for me, but I love a good beer with dinner so I have to compromise. If I have friends over and we drink BMC I'll have about 8-10 :)

1-2 pints/day for me. Just what the Dr ordered.

3-5 pints on weekends. Not what the Dr ordred, but its the weekend.

I don't count, but that seems about the same for me.

I love kegging- but there are no dead soldiers around so you can count your empties. I switched to a small glass (involuntarily I might add), so it's easy to refill a small glass more than once.

It's probably "too much" beer. But I'm extraordinarily healthy, fit, and active. So I don't care! :D

I'm at about two-three a day. I often "sample" a lot of my wines as well. At 180 lbs I think it's actually recommended? But I'm also in good shape and I'm always working out. I did a triathlon last weekend and after the race my second stop, after getting some water, was the beer truck! I think as long as you stay active, hydrated, and eat healthy you're good to go. And oh yeah don't stress out! RDWHAHB or four, right?

1-2 pints/day for me. Just what the Dr ordered.

3-5 pints on weekends. Not what the Dr ordred, but its the weekend.

2-3 pints 3-5 nights a week.. sometimes more, sometimes less :mug:

Both of these are about where I am....Typically dont drink anything Mon-Wed...Have 1 or 2 Thursday, Friday more then a couple lol Weekened..Whos counting? Not me! :rockin:

Monday - Thursday
It really depends on the beer gravity for me. If it's a 1.070+ I'll have 1 with dinner and nothing else. If it's lighter I'll probably have 3 or nothing at all.
I'm a beer or ice water guy. Not a big juice or soda fan.

Friday - Sunday
is a different story :)

I love kegging- but there are no dead soldiers around so you can count your empties. I switched to a small glass (involuntarily I might add), so it's easy to refill a small glass more than once.

It's probably "too much" beer. But I'm extraordinarily healthy, fit, and active. So I don't care! :D

I'm like Yoop, I started using smaller glasses (most of the time) since I started kegging. I go through fazes where I'll drink regularly through the week and then not at all. Right now I have been drinking more frequently than usual.

I work in the evenings(yay restaurants) so I may have one(usually 12 oz) when I get home if I am not getting home too late. Weekends are no different to me since I work them too. I end up having about 4-5 a week. That's enough for me.

2-4 a night, depending on gravity. I have gone to larger glasses but I fill them halfway or so (they are 18-25oz. steins). Sometimes I think I should cut back, other times I think it's fine. I'm not overweight, but I need to exercise more anyway. My wife drinks like one or two per WEEK, so I tend to look bad by comparison :D

I was at 3-4 maybe 5 a night during the week.

Now I have 2 jobs so when I get home I only have time for one but I always have one. After 13-17 hour work days I really feel I need that one before I fall asleep to cut away at everything I did that day. Especially now that I have been cutting back/stopping a different vice of mine...

I like to enjoy one 12oz every day after work. On the weekends if I am home I'll have one with lunch and another one or two in the evening. Occasionally I will have a 22oz on a weekend night. On the rare times I'm at a social gathering I don't keep track so long as my wife is driving

This thread makes me feel better!

I drink 1-3 (average 2 probably) on weeknights. 3-5 on weekends. I don't drink every night, but probably 5 out of 7.

Can't go to heavy thus time of year; my work is not air conditioned and hangover+heat is frickin torture

Glad to see I am not alone, I am 1-3 to end a day as the sun sets and on weekends the SWMBO and I like whiskey and beer tastings and enjoy a few more.

1-2 3xs per week. A few more on the weekend.

I agree with the glass size. I put away the 22oz glasses. Those are dangerous.

I also agree on the problem with kegs vs bottles. I can't tell you how many times I've killed a keg and thought "There's no way that's empty already".

5-7 beers a week. Add 3 if we go to the in-laws for dinner. Typically I shoot for two dry nights a week to keep my wife happy. Alcoholism runs in my family so she is pretty watchful of my drinking habits. It is annoying and considerate all at once.

1-2 a night, except if I'm having 1-2 whiskeys or wines. Always one night a week where I'm alcohol free. If it's a big Belgian or something, I treat it as dessert and don't eat cake or ice cream as well.

I usually have 3 a night after work. (in the 6.5% abv range)

>4, and I have a hangover the next day.

<3, and I feel like I'm wasting beer because I don't feel any of the effects.

Weekends are sketchy for me. I usually have around 4 or 5 on a saturday, but I can space them out farther. Helps with the hangovers.

Yooper said:

Kegging will totally screw your count up, but you can tell SWMBO you have only had a "few", and not really be lying (imperial pints rock)

I was drinking 2-3 a night but my metabolism is slowing down and I'm getting fat, even though I do a lot of physical work at work and haven't really changed my diet. I'm trying to keep it to one a night unless I have a friend over or I'm out, but I kinda like getting a little buzzed by myself. This is also helping me keep my pipeline a little fuller.

I drink 12-15 a week and sometimes a few more if I have friends over during the weekend. When I was a BMC drinker I was a 30 and a half pack a week, since I started brewing I have cut back. I guess since its better beer I don't need to drink as much.

I average 5 or 6 a week. I use 8oz, 12oz, 16oz, 20oz and 22oz bottles so those could be anywhere in there.
At the monthly club meeting I usually splurge and drink the equivalent of 3 or so.

1-2 pints on 2-3 days during the week. 1-3 on the weekend. Drink plenty of water.

I usually work from home and am off by 3pm in an open (one room) industrial loft. My kegerator sings to me like a siren.

I'm going to go have one now.

I average about 3 glasses 3 nights a week and don't count on the weekend. Usually only drink 1 of the weekend nights and those....it can go from 1 or 2...or where I lose count after...well...more than a few

Rough distribution of my 5-6 days a week looks like this for me:
- 80%+ >=12oz (insert weekends)
- 50% 12oz-32oz
- 20%- <=12oz

Some daily variables that contribute to this mix are food intake, hydration, abv%.

I am also a vegetarian, am very active, run 5k a day, work out a few times a week, and waterskii/wakeboard/swim often enough.

I have 1-2 pints every night depending on gravity, it helps me sleep and is somewhat beneficial to overall health I hear. More on weekends or if the fiance is throwing a "useless issue" fit. :mug:

Back