Joe's quick grape question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regulatedhobbyist

Reaction score
Hey all,

It's been a long while since I've been on here and wanted to do another batch. I wanted to do Joe's quick grape mead in a two gallon batch. Should I just double ingredients or, what would happen if I used only juice and honey with no water?

Has anyone recently had this, does it age quickly and any pointers? It feels like its been so long I'm a noon again, or still...

If you want it to be exactly as the recipe intends, double everything apart from the yeast. It sounds like that recipe ends up using 2l grape and 1l water in a 1g batch, so swapping it out for grape would make a fair difference to the final result.

Ive not made it, so I can't be sure but I would guess it would move closer to a red wine and hide the more meady elements a bit.

The grapey flavor is pretty strong in Welch's juice, so don't expect that to go away with aging.

Back