Bottled the RQ Cab Franc/Merlot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoctorCAD

Reaction score
At 60 days, I decided to bottle my RQ Cab Franc/Merlot. Looks like ink it is that dark. Even this young, it tastes great, in fact, I used a half-bottle of Gnarly Head Old Vine Syrah as the overflow bottle for my bottling device. It ended up about 3" of new wine on top of the other. I didn't tell my wife, but she drank a few glasses and commented on how good that Syrah was!

Anyhow, the reason I had to bottle is that I accepted a job offer in a different city and will need to move. I don't think a bathtub full of carboys is a real selling point to perspective buyers! Also I will need to move the hundreds or more bottles out of the guest room closet (the most interior room in my house) for the same reason, or is it that I'm afraid that some will go missing after the open house???

Has anyone ever moved with a crapload of wine and what did you do with it?

Yea moved about 100 gal. Put in the my neighbors basement. Found a house and then came back for it. It was summer time so lost a few bottles due to the heat...not that many tho...

Back